diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM Fault 08: High Bus Voltage

122 is the highest I have seen.
Seems to be working fine now after some days, until today, that I decided to upgrade the firmware and it stopped at 50%, now it's dead!
Any ideas how to get it back to original firmware or get the correct firmware version to flash it back?
This is the same that happened to mine just 15 minutes ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8-BN4xZFM4&t=12s

I can see now why it failed to turn on.
Any idea why this may happen with this breakers?PXL_20211228_042244563.jpgPXL_20211228_042250576.jpg

Could it be that's happening because I'm using stain on the cable end that gets into the breaker?
PXL_20211228_042925332.jpg

Any idea why this may happen with this breakers?

Could it be that's happening because I'm using stain on the cable end that gets into the breaker?
My first thought would be to check that a bad connection isn't causing too much heat. You'd have better luck with that breaker by using a ferrule designed for this purpose or by using cable with less strands to get a better connection. The soldered joint probably just cracks and deforms when you tighten the terminal down. A bad connection like that is a fire safety hazard.

Also, make sure that the breaker is orientated correctly, as a lot of DC breakers are polarized and do not behave when run in the wrong direction.

edit: Is the wire sized appropriately? I can't tell from the pics.

My first thought would be to check that a bad connection isn't causing too much heat. You'd have better luck with that breaker by using a ferrule designed for this purpose or by using cable with less strands to get a better connection. The soldered joint probably just cracks and deforms when you tighten the terminal down. A bad connection like that is a fire safety hazard.

Also, make sure that the breaker is orientated correctly, as a lot of DC breakers are polarized and do not behave whne run in the wrong direction.
Can you tell me what is a ferrule? I'm not native english speaker and the translator is not helping that much!

It looks awesome! Thank you!

I'll order them, hopefully will receive them after I fix my firmware!

If anyone knows how to get the firmware for this, let me know.

Growatt SPF3000TL LVM-24P

It looks awesome! Thank you!

I'll order them, hopefully will receive them after I fix my firmware!

If anyone knows how to get the firmware for this, let me know.

Growatt SPF3000TL LVM-24P
I got the correct files:

Hey Guys,

I hope you're all doing well! Here's an update:

I've switched to 3P and I'm no longer experiencing "Fault 08 (high bus voltage)" but the system is still not running as smoothly as one would hope, I'm having to flip the Growatt's on/off switch several times throughout the day because it seems to be disconnecting from PV power during peak solar hours.

Here's a video of the setup: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MAp2ppf7BWXF4mc86

Here's an example of it after it has stopped taking charge from the panels, and me resetting it using the Growatt's on/off switch: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ez75oFd71MBuo2kw9

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Hey Guys,

I've switched to 3P and I'm no longer experiencing "Fault 08 (high bus voltage)" but the system is still not running as smoothly as one would hope, I'm having to flip the Growatt's on/off switch several times throughout the day because it seems to be disconnecting from PV power during peak solar hours.

Here's an example of it after it has stopped taking charge from the panels, and me resetting it using the Growatt's on/off switch: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ez75oFd71MBuo2kw9

Well, first thing in the video is the array has the posts shading the panels. Clearly seen at the beginning and looking at the sun orientation to the panels, well, you are getting the edges of the panels shaded.

Next, we go to settings. Setting 5 is USE2, you can not set float just below the bulk setting. You need to USE and set your bulk at less than 3.65V per cell, preferably at the start of the knee area for LFP cells. 28.0V may be fine with float set at 27.5V, you need to monitor individual cell voltage to determine if you have any runners. If you have runners, you may need to reduce bulk and float accordingly. The reason float should be set 0.5V below bulk is because the GW will charge to the bulk setting, then quit charging until the float setting is reached. An example, if bulk is 27.5V and float is set at 26.0V, there will not be any PV charging occuring until 26.0V is reached.

The reason why switching the unit off, then back on works is because the GW will charge to bulk setting after being powered up.

If you look at settings 19 and 20, you will see those are both at 27.0V, which is what your battery voltage was at the start of the video. You will be unable to adjust those settings however under USE2.

If you do not have BMS communication where you can read individual cell voltage, then you have to attempt manually checking each cell near the top of bulk charge setting or replace the BMS with on that has either a display or allows communication with an external device such as a phone, light board or bluetooth. Once you have that information, you can then determine where you can set the bulk and float settings.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone!

My Growatt is displaying fault 08: high bus voltage anytime the panels (3 x 440W bifacial in series) are in direct sun during peak hours. I don't know anything about anything but it seems like my panels are overwhelming the Growatt.

My battery is custom built LiFePo4 with no BMS (photo attached).

Is there a setting I'm missing that would prevent this fault from happening? Thanks!

Settings:

01: SBU
02: 60A
03:APL
04: Sds
05: US2
06: auto restart enable
07: enabled
10: Number of series batteries: 2 (very uncertain about whether this one is right!)
11: 30A
12: 24.5V
13: 27V
14: CUt
18: bYD ( overload bypass disabled... Maybe this has something to do with it? I don't know what "line mode" means in the instructions)
19: 29.2V
20: 29.2V
21: 24V
22: SbE
Everything else default settings. Thanks again!

View attachment 71581
Hey does anyone know how many batteries are wired together here? And whether they're in series or parallel? I want to make sure I have the correct number specified in my growatt settings. Thanks!

For your entertainment, my guess is: 1 battery in series.

Hey Guys,

Hi - dis you solve the problem of having to restart several times a day? - I have the exact same problem as you show in the video. Any help/hint would be appreciated :)

Hi - dis you solve the problem of having to restart several times a day? - I have the exact same problem as you show in the video. Any help/hint would be appreciated :)
Did you read Zwy’s explanation of bulk and float settings?

What are your charge settings?
Any info on your system would be helpful too.

Back