diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM or SPF 3000TL LVM-ES

I finally got the SPF 3000TL LVM-ES about two weeks ago.

The fan on small loads is really not that bad. I'm happy so far.

One problem: After wiring up the batteries and panels, I turned on the unit and everything started to work properly. The batteries came to 100% SOC within a few hours of sunlight. Overnight, I used about 10%-20% of the battery capacity, which is expected. The next day, I was hoping the Growatt would start charging up the batteries automatically when the sun is high enough. I waited until 11am (full sun) but still 0 amps going into the battery. The panels show 180 VOC. So I decide to turn off the Growatt with the little button underneath the unit, wait a few seconds and turn it on again. Then the batteries start charging! What happened? It makes no sense to manually start the charging process.

Any clue?
Setting 5 on my SPF-6000t-DVM growatt has to be use, not us2, had that problem in the beginning, Joe.
1622542230491.png

Last edited:
Ow quick question for you so I am planning to buy 14 or 16 pcs of 250 watt with a 30volt 8amps ill make 2 arrays 7s2p or 8s2p that totals to 3500 to 4000 watt total will this work ? because on the growatt specs it doesn't say anything about the total amps for solar panel hopefully its ok.
This should really not be a problem, the manual says you can go up to 80a. Your setup would be 16a.

1622548124136.png

One problem: After wiring up the batteries and panels, I turned on the unit and everything started to work properly. The batteries came to 100% SOC within a few hours of sunlight. Overnight, I used about 10%-20% of the battery capacity, which is expected. The next day, I was hoping the Growatt would start charging up the batteries automatically when the sun is high enough. I waited until 11am (full sun) but still 0 amps going into the battery. The panels show 180 VOC. So I decide to turn off the Growatt with the little button underneath the unit, wait a few seconds and turn it on again. Then the batteries start charging! What happened? It makes no sense to manually start the charging process.

Any clue?
Try the settings Joe suggested first. This is a known issue, and there has been a lot of recent discussion:

I don't personally have anything to contribute, as my load currently exceeds my battery and solar capacity.

that happened to me too 1 time and never happened again till now....but now I am having problem with the AC charging of the system everytime I plug it on my AC wall my breaker panel of the house trips so I cant even use my AC charging for this system..already message watt247 first they said change my breaker to 30 and then 40 amps and I did now my main breaker is tripping and its a 200amp breaker hopefully they answer me today...
What value do you have for setting #11? It takes a lot to trip a 200A main - you may want to post some pictures and/or connection diagrams. Sometimes it helps to get other eyes on it.

ow and the app for mobile I think its not working right because everytime I change the values after I close the app and open again its back to default
that happened to me too 1 time and never happened again till now....but now I am having problem with the AC charging of the system everytime I plug it on my AC wall my breaker panel of the house trips so I cant even use my AC charging for this system..already message watt247 first they said change my breaker to 30 and then 40 amps and I did now my main breaker is tripping and its a 200amp breaker hopefully they answer me today...
Hi. Any did Watts247 help you with a solution yet? I was almost going to buy the -ES, but now I'm having second thoughts. Quality control issues, or firmware or something else? Thank-you.

Hi. Any did Watts247 help you with a solution yet? I was almost going to buy the -ES, but now I'm having second thoughts. Quality control issues, or firmware or something else? Thank-you.
Ow update its working good now so jusy added new breaker i am cutrently using 25amps right now but ill be replacing it with 40amp and sorry didnt update but its working fine now

I finally got the SPF 3000TL LVM-ES about two weeks ago.

The fan on small loads is really not that bad. I'm happy so far.

Any clue?
Do you have Option 4 for energy saving? I think that might be your problem.

Thank you

Now just wating for watt247 to reply for my question....
Manual says :Max PV input current 18A also I think that you will have more voltage from that combination that you need........Have only 6s at the moment 250w and regularly see over 200V......My panels VOC open circuit voltage is shown to be 37.6V, Short Circuit Current is shown as 8.85. So with 6s PV math shows 225.6V ........Am still learning here but do try to stay under the rated PV Array Open Circuit Voltage>250v
and Max Pv Input Current>18a. My clamp meter gets a workout to make sure everything is within those ranges.
Am adding another array of 6s and then will have 6s2p, still voltage stays at 225.6V and now current is doubled to
17.7A still within ranges listed in the manual.
Hope this helps, we don't want to make the smoke come out of our Growatt.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I plugged the unit into one outlet when I first set it up.
then used another power outlet. the second outlet popped the breaker immediately.
it turned out the second outlet was on the other phase of the 220 in the beaker box.
hope this helps if you haven't figured it out yet

This should really not be a problem, the manual says you can go up to 80a. Your setup would be 16a.

View attachment 51151
i dunno if anyone noticed. but i purchased a growatt spf-3000tl-lvm's and their spec sheet (from their site -- says 80A) -- which you've shown above -- but the manual says 18A. i'm guessing its supposed to be 18A. because 250*80=20,000 watts and 250*18=4500 watts -- which would seem to make more sense for a 3000watt inverter.

i dunno if anyone noticed. but i purchased a growatt spf-3000tl-lvm's and their spec sheet (from their site -- says 80A) -- which you've shown above -- but the manual says 18A. i'm guessing its supposed to be 18A. because 250*80=20,000 watts and 250*18=4500 watts -- which would seem to make more sense for a 3000watt inverter.
I'm guessing that the 80a , is referring to battery charging max. And the 18a, is referring to the solar input max.

I saw 65amps going into my battery with the same unit yesterday . Set it for 80, and you’re good. I have 5000W of solar on the one inverter.

I'm guessing that the 80a , is referring to battery charging max. And the 18a, is referring to the solar input max.
I think you are right. But what if you go above 18A? Will it break or just loose efficiency?

I think you are right. But what if you go above 18A? Will it break or just loose efficiency?
Solar panels don't push amps, they only make them available. The SCC will draw what can be used, up to its limit. Anything else available, isn't used.
This is referred to as over paneling. It helps on cloudy days. Because it makes more amps available than less panels would.

This is an example of what happens with over paneling on a sunny day. Production rises to, and stays at the maximum rating. The drop in the middle is shade from a tree.Screenshot_20220930-083235_Chrome.jpg

Thank you, I will test this next time I go to my cabin where the system is.

I believe I had 01-SOL which might explain the output priority.
Hi Vincent, did this fix the problem with battery charging in the morning?

g

Back