diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM Physical Dimensions ?

eXodus

Solar Addict
Hello Growatt users,

every supplier I look at has different dimensions of the SPF 3000TL LVM listed.

Everything from 23 inches x 17.3 inches x 9.2 inches to 17.9 x 17.8 x 5.1

Could some please shed light on this mystery and measure the width and depth of the Growatt? I'm working with a small spot in my RV and need to know exactly before I buy.

Thanks, appreciate it.

18"x13.75"x5" is what I measured with a tape measure.
Thanks! Going to check that out right now :) - should be a perfect fit.

PXL_20210905_132913155.jpg

I got more enough room above and below - the wall I'm going to mount it to is framed on both sides with windows. So I got plenty of ventilation but only 17 inch width to mount to. With the Growatt being less then 14 wide - no issues on clearance or venting. Perfect.

Thanks again.

The book suggests about 8" (as I recall) on the sides for ventilation. It will need more air the closer to full rating that you run it. So if ventilation is restricted, you should not run at full rating or it will likely get hot.

The book suggests about 8" (as I recall) on the sides for ventilation. It will need more air the closer to full rating that you run it. So if ventilation is restricted, you should not run at full rating or it will likely get hot.
thanks, Going to look into this. I got unlimited space to the right side (window 40 inches wide) and 10 above and below only to the left I got a small trim piece.

Further my biggest power draw will be the A/C unit with 1200W - far away from the 3000w max. And when the A/C is running - the space around the growatt is cooled.
Did you ever try running a A/C unit with your Growatt?

Mine would put out plenty of power but now zero.

Manual says to install it on a fire proof surface. I tend to agree!

thanks, Going to look into this. I got unlimited space to the right side (window 40 inches wide) and 10 above and below only to the left I got a small trim piece.

Further my biggest power draw will be the A/C unit with 1200W - far away from the 3000w max. And when the A/C is running - the space around the growatt is cooled.
Did you ever try running a A/C unit with your Growatt?
I run a small window unit, about 500 watts.

Back