diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM

No, i do not. Larry, what are the prices of these inverters and what is your budget? If you are shopping in a grey area for product capability or reliability it may actually be the reverse of cost effectiveness.

If you are retired and on a tight budget, you cannot afford to do this twice.

One of my specialties is the budget system, where you give me a budget and i build the best machine available for that budget or tell you up front if it cant be done for that fund level or i can save you money.

No, i do not. Larry, what are the prices of these inverters and what is your budget?
The two are in my ranger and trust the seller and a US seller from MPP $599.00 and Growatt $650.00.
Both seem to be the same in spec.

It would cost about 850 to do it with a sigineer inverter and traditional charge control. Reliability would not be an issue or concern.

Yes, I have one installed(3/7/2020). I have it set up as an off grid application for critical circuit panel. I do have Lithium batteries connected (19 KWH) with about 1500 watts of solar panels.

It would cost about 850 to do it with a sigineer inverter and traditional charge control. Reliability would not be an issue or concern.

What do you recommend for a 24 volt ac charger in the 20-40 amps range?

Yes, I have one installed(3/7/2020). I have it set up as an off grid application for critical circuit panel. I do have Lithium batteries connected (19 KWH) with about 1500 watts of solar panels.

Did you buy in the US?

Any pictures?? It seems like a very compact unit.

Yes I Bought in US, seller on eBay.... The unit wasn't to complicated, installed using a 30 amp circuit from main circuit panel, From Inverter using the output feed a 6 breaker critical circuit panel. once connected followed the program flow chart from the manual. it took me about 15 minute to set up, however i am still testing it. I found I had my battery low level set too high( default 46 volt) I had it set for 53 volt which triggered the utility charge feature, I hope to test more this weekend.... Ill also take some pictures later today and post

Last edited:
What do you recommend for a 24 volt ac charger in the 20-40 amps range?
Golf car smart chargers. Consider onboard type also.
There are some good chargers for all kinds and sizes of lead acid and lithium. I like what Steve s said about just employing an inverter charger as a charger. It affords all kinds of use and a 800 or 1000W or better sigineer or something may be very close in cost and you get an ancilliary or backup inverter already wired in or nearly enough if not with a selector or transfer switch.

The prices i think would start at 4 or 5 hundred dollars.

Golf car/industrial smart chargers are a bit more suitable and can be programable, bluetooth, etc. 300 and up, possibly less. Generally you are going to bulk charge and wait for sun if possible to avoid long run times with lead acid. I had to go back and review. Its been

Extreme kartz has some nice lithium stuff lead also. Cant paste the link.

Last edited:
Yes I Bought in US, seller on eBay.... The unit wasn't to complicated, installed using a 30 amp circuit from main circuit panel, From Inverter using the output feed a 6 breaker critical circuit panel. once connected followed the program flow chart from the manual. it took me about 15 minute to set up, however i am still testing it. I found I had my battery low level set too high( default 46 volt) I had it set for 53 volt which triggered the utility charge feature, I hope to test more this weekend.... Ill also take some pictures later today and post

I am looking at getting one or two of these for a project at the end of April from @ Ian Roux and appreciate the opportunity to follow along with your setup. Thanks.

You mean exactly the same components?
It is EXACTLY the same as MPP. But the box is nicer, manual easier to read, better support, easier to navigate website etc. Even the parallel communication is identical to the MPP. MPP has horrible customer support unless you buy from USA warehouse (Ian at mpp usa), and they are out of stock frequently.

It is EXACTLY the same as MPP. But the box is nicer, manual easier to read, better support, easier to navigate website etc. Even the parallel communication is identical to the MPP. MPP has horrible customer support unless you buy from USA warehouse (Ian at mpp usa), and they are out of stock frequently.

Is there an mpp product exactly the same as the Growatt spf3000tllvm24?

Would the 48v version work well with two bigbattery byd powerwalls?

I have 2 of them. Fired them up and opened them, and they are the same as MPP lv2424. 48v also. Will make a video soon about them. They rock. I added them to the mobile solar website: https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/all-in-one-solar-power-packages.html

That got me to look at the redone page, looks good.

One question about the BYD pack on wheels you show there. Are those new or used batteries? I don’t see it mentioned either way on your page or when I click through.

I just purchased the 48v one, and 2 of the bigbattery powerwalls using Will's links. I also bought the wireless module so you can use a phone app with your system. Should I be using 2 or 4 gauge with the andersons to wire these powerwalls together for 48v?

1584018015685.png

Last edited:
That got me to look at the redone page, looks good.

One question about the BYD pack on wheels you show there. Are those new or used batteries? I don’t see it mentioned either way on your page or when I click through.

They are used - thread here https://diysolarforum.com/threads/b...solar-for-10-off-byd-3kwh-lifepo4-packs.4161/

Will also had a video about them. There was a lot of discussion/concern as initially the website said they were X capacity but they have lowered to 3khz. Being a noob I asked are they still a good deal if that is all you get and people replied yes but its a crapshoot of how long they last. I'm only going to use them for power outages so not heavy use.

Back