diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM

Just for clarity, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are just one of the many Lithium-ion battery chemistries. See here for further info.

Sorry. Typo. I know LiFePO4 is one type of chemistry -- I was trying to be specific for you. Did not think it made any difference, but I am still pretty new at all this. Thanks for the correction.

Nothing to apologise for, I was just trying to help. We've actually seen "Lithium Ion Phosphate" (with the chemical formula next to it) displayed proudly on written sales material before! We figured a typo there too, they do sound very similar to the ear.

It is not only too good to be true but there is No Such Thing as a 20,000 watt Inverter that runs on 12V and 24V!
You got your answer in your first post so asking the same question without the inverter pic again will not change that.

My 2 cents is that Wish website INVERTER is Blatent OUTRIGHT FRAUD and LIES!
If that inverter was on a US website they would be prosecuted for consumer fraud.
Volts x Amps = Watts
So at 12V how many Amps does a 20,000 watt inverter draw? Lolz
1,666 freaking amps!
Ummmh that just might be a clue that Wish inverter is a scam that would not fool anyone with basic math skills.
Here is the Wish ad for anyone needing a good laugh.
The price of the 20,000 watt inverter / 110v to 220v DC 12v or DC 24v. It says it a only needs the panels it has modem inside that shows charge time and solar in put and out put.. It says irmts a complete system others that 12 or 24 volt battery and the 4 100 panels.. It's says all you really need it a good lithium battery and you can run a full.size cabin and for $110 that's $80 for the panels and $50 to $60 for the inverter, power cell included a fan for over heating so I'm curious has anyone bought one off wish..it sounds way to good to be true..it would normally be a $500 inverter not to mention the other items..the solar storage for panels and batteries to run to..they say that all you need and you'll get 5000 steady supply with bursts of 10 to 20 thousand
.please someone give us your 2 cents

Last edited:
Will mentioned MPP all in one consume huge amount of power leaving 24/7 (need 400watt panel to offset). But the growatt document says standby power of 2W which is awesome. Also will mentioned the all in one is LOUD!

I wonder if growatt has the same drawback? I really like the idea of these all in one rather than all the hassle of buying individual components and wiring them one by one. But if the idle consumption is so high and the unit is loud, it will not fit my requirement (installing 1.5KW PV for a small shed).

can somebody help me with user charge settings on this inverter, I have two byd used batteries 5.6Kwh in parallel, there are different voltage settings here on forum for similar setup, charge voltage/float voltage. discharge voltage

thx.

can somebody help me with user charge settings on this inverter, I have two byd used batteries 5.6Kwh in parallel, there are different voltage settings here on forum for similar setup, charge voltage/float voltage. discharge voltage

thx.
If you enumerate all the charge profile parameters and their default values I will take a look.
Those byd batteries are lifepo4, confirm?

also im interesetd in option 12/13 in settings back to and from battery mode to solar or grid voltages

setting 01 - output source priority - *depends
setting 02 - max charge current= should be .2 c for your battery bank.
setting 05 - battery type = USE
setting 10 - # batteries in series = *no clue what this is about
setting 11 - max utility charging current = less than or equal to .2c
setting 12 - 24.8 volts
setting 13 - *depends
setting 14 - *depends
setting 19 - bulk charging voltage = 29.2 volts
setting 20 - float voltage = 27.2 volts
setting 21 - low dc cutoff = 24.0 volts(if bms is programmable set the bms cutoff to 23.2)
setting 22 - solar power balance = *depends
setting 24 - neutral/ground bond = *depends

I need more information for the items marked depends.

I just looked at your posting history and it looks like you are using this all in one in a mobile setup that will have non-permanent connection to shore power.
That means you need a automatically switched neutral/ground bond.
I'n not sure the Growatt can do that.
Devices that can handle that are generally UL-458 listed.

there is a setting for neutral bond in user manual, there's actually more settings in menu of inverter than mentioned in supplied manual, for now trailer is connected to shore power, but it will be moved soon to location without power connection, I do have generator but want to use it only as a backup, for now there's 1500W of solar panels on the roof 37Voc 2s3p setup, maybe that will help with solar power balance, cause I have no clue,
also I don't know if it have ul-458 certification,

as for option 10 it shows 2 and I can't change this setting, maybe its related to input voltage ??

there is a setting for neutral bond in user manual, there's actually more settings in menu of inverter than mentioned in supplied manual, for now trailer is connected to shore power, but it will be moved soon to location without power connection, I do have generator but want to use it only as a backup, for now there's 1500W of solar panels on the roof 37Voc 2s3p setup, maybe that will help with solar power balance, cause I have no clue,
also I don't know if it have ul-458 certification,

as for option 10 it shows 2 and I can't change this setting, maybe its related to input voltage ??
ok if you only connect to your own generator just make sure neutral/ground is bonded in only one place.

ok if you only connect to your own generator just make sure neutral/ground is bonded in only one place.
I still plan on a similar system with 3000 growatt inverter I was thinking about using a generator as back up mainly for charging periodically would I have to worry about ground neutral bonding as well ?
and if so what does it consist of? p.s. sorry for noob question

I still plan on a similar system with 3000 growatt inverter I was thinking about using a generator as back up mainly for charging periodically would I have to worry about ground neutral bonding as well ?
and if so what does it consist of? p.s. sorry for noob question

Hi Scotyb80 is your setup mobile or stationary?

stationary offgrid cabin

The cabin main panel should have a green screw that connects the neutral and ground bus bars.
The neutral and ground need to be bonded in exactly one place and one place only.
Your topology will look like this

Code:
generator->growatt->main_panel_master_breaker

Neither the generator or the growatt should have a neutral ground bond because it is done at the panel.
The primary reason to have a neutral ground bond is to make a low impedance path back to neutral to allow a ground fault to trip the breaker and thus clear the dangerous condition.
You should also have a ground rod bonded to the ground bus bar but this is another story.
Hope that is clear.

The cabin main panel should have a green screw that connects the neutral and ground bus bars.
The neutral and ground need to be bonded in exactly one place and one place only.
Your topology will look like this

Code:
generator->growatt->main_panel_master_breaker

Neither the generator or the growatt should have a neutral ground bond because it is done at the panel.
The primary reason to have a neutral ground bond is to make a low impedance path back to neutral to allow a ground fault to trip the breaker and thus clear the dangerous condition.
You should also have a ground rod bonded to the ground bus bar but this is another story.
Hope that is clear.
I think I get what you're saying ? thax
still in the engineering stage lol hopefully will get most of my components over winter and start putting it all together in the spring

Hello'

I am new here and am unsure if this question/observation has been posed. I have an off grid , small system, I use a EPEVER charge controller and a inverter. Array size about 600 watts. 24volt system. Currently LA battery. Assuming LA is FULL and sun is at maximum, PV array . in theory could push ALL dc power needed by inverter to near 600watt ( of course less than that , system losses, ect) . But in my system it does not . Battery juice is still used. Specifically a ideal system the inverter would not use battery juice at all ( aside from say a small float charge) and take ~ALL needed power from the PV array. IF a combo box such as MPP, grow watt, etc, where the charger and inverter live together, could do this then this a considerable advantage over the separate function systems ( ie charge controller, inverter separate boxes). With proper load utilization , doing most stuff when plenty of sun is available, the batteries should see lighter use in depth/frequency of discharge. Lighter battery use is a good thing. I would like to know if these combo boxes from Voltronic/MPP/Growatt (or??) can do this.

I'm using growatt in my rv. With 1500w of solar panels . If u set it tu solar first it priorities solarm meaning When batteries r full whole solar production goes in to inverter ( making 110v). If solar is not enough remaining demand is taken from batteries.

Piciu, thank you for your response. I read earlier comments advocating sticking to separate inverter, charge controller, etc. But the idea of a INTEGRATED power management system , if properly done , should outperform a discrete approach. If you have a gen set also its another place a smart power system can maximize each contribution, PV, Batteries and Genset ( perhaps even a wind or hydro?) . With batteries the most expensive part, and often susceptible to damage or aging due to deep discharge, the goal of a well done, integrated solution should be to use the batteries as little as possible. For me this is the best argument for these integrated power management devices rather than the discrete approach Can anyone verify if the setting/function used by Piciu is present in a MPP controller? Piciu . what model of Growatt are you using??

Back