diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES - b2AC Issue

jeremyF

I have a SPF 5000 ES and I am using it with Meritsun LiFePO4 100Ah battery. My issue is that I cannot lower the value 50% of Growatt Prog 12 - which is Back to Utility (b2AC). Ideally, I should be able to set this at 20% which is 80% DOD. Has anyone encountered and resolved this issue?

Back to utilities should be higher than cut-off
Thanks.. Managed to find the same through Growatt.. Program 21 ( Ex. 10%) should be lower than Program 12 (Ex. 20%). However, Charge Rate - Program 2 (CHGi) is set to 2A for some weird reason which I have no explanation yet.. Have you experienced this?

Thanks.. Managed to find the same through Growatt.. Program 21 ( Ex. 10%) should be lower than Program 12 (Ex. 20%). However, Charge Rate - Program 2 (CHGi) is set to 2A for some weird reason which I have no explanation yet.. Have you experienced this?
2 and 11 are related

FROM PAGE 15 OF THE MANUAL.

"Maximum charging current: set total charging current for solar and utility chargers.
(Max. charging current = utility charging current + solar charging current)
SPF 3500 ES: Default 60A, 10A~80A Settable
SPF 5000 ES: Default 60A, 10A~100A Settable
(If LI is selected in Program 5, this program can’t be set up)"

FROM PAGE 15 OF THE MANUAL.

"Maximum charging current: set total charging current for solar and utility chargers.
(Max. charging current = utility charging current + solar charging current)
SPF 3500 ES: Default 60A, 10A~80A Settable
SPF 5000 ES: Default 60A, 10A~100A Settable
(If LI is selected in Program 5, this program can’t be set up)"
Yes, I know that. My question is why 2A? As soon as soon as I set Prog 5 to LI, CHGi shows 2A and it cannot be changed.. This is what Growatt also couldn't explain to me. But, they say that the Charge current will be as per BMS setting. I have to test this and see.

You have to use use2 cause you are not using growatt lithium battery
I have communicated with Meritsun and Growatt and they have provided the correct parameters i.e Prog 5 - LI and Prog 36 - L01. The Inverter is working in LI mode. BTW.. Growatt Inverters work with other batteries, other than Growatt. For example, Pylontech is one quite famous and good battery.

Yes, I know that. My question is why 2A? As soon as soon as I set Prog 5 to LI, CHGi shows 2A and it cannot be changed.. This is what Growatt also couldn't explain to me. But, they say that the Charge current will be as per BMS setting. I have to test this and see.
I have seen that setting 2 will change itself depending on the SoC of the battery. If battery is low, in my case, it sets to 50a. If is around 90-95%, it changes to 2,5,6amps, whatever the BMS requires

I had same problem. Setting 12 was at 50% . It won't let me change it. You have to go to setting 21 and lower the low DC voltage cut. I set mine to 10% (which supposed to be 90%DoD).
Went to setting 12, and it let me lower it. I set it at 12%. Which means that when the battery reaches 12%, it switches to utility to power load.

Back