diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES - ShineWifi-F not working

elihelou

Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning and found that one of the 2 inverter's data logger is blinking green while the other one is blinking blue. Please also note that nothing has been changed in terms of configurations.

To find the root cause of the issues, I have done the following steps:
  • Removed the logger from the mobile app (Shinephone)
  • Reset the data logger but could not connect using the standard mode while noting that the first time it was installed I used the standard mode.
  • Tried the hotspot mode after clicking on the "key" button with a short press and was able to connect to it but the light is still blinking green.
  • I Tried also resetting my internet router but this didn't work as well.

It is very confusing because one data logger is working fine while the other is blinking green.
Is there a problem with Growatt's server?

Seems like no one's interested to help.

In all cases, I resolved my issues.

Contacted support in China, they sent some steps which were already executed before and nothing helped.
For some reason I was unable to access 192.168.10.100 even after resetting the device (held the key for 6 seconds and got the 3 colors blinking) and accessing it through hotspot (steady blue light). Then I was able to add the device to my datalogger list but was unable to connect to server.growatt.com (showed as offline on the shinephone app).

What caught my attention at this point is that after resetting the datalogger, it's name was always being set to "Left Wifi" which is a name that I gave the first time I had installed it. This is weird because it shouldn't be that way as I had reset it to factory settings and the normal behavior was to see the device's name with it's serial number instead of "left wifi".

When accessing the device through hotspot in the ShinePhone app again, I noticed that there is a place to enter "advanced settings" just before setting my internet connection's wifi and password. The advanced settings require a password which I got to discover that it's "growatt+date" (date is: yearmonthday, i.e. growatt20220531). I did not change anything in the settings, I only saved and the datalogger was recognized like last time but this time it was able to connect to growatt's server.

Seems like no one's interested to help.

In all cases, I resolved my issues.

Contacted support in China, they sent some steps which were already executed before and nothing helped.
For some reason I was unable to access 192.168.10.100 even after resetting the device (held the key for 6 seconds and got the 3 colors blinking) and accessing it through hotspot (steady blue light). Then I was able to add the device to my datalogger list but was unable to connect to server.growatt.com (showed as offline on the shinephone app).

What caught my attention at this point is that after resetting the datalogger, it's name was always being set to "Left Wifi" which is a name that I gave the first time I had installed it. This is weird because it shouldn't be that way as I had reset it to factory settings and the normal behavior was to see the device's name with it's serial number instead of "left wifi".

When accessing the device through hotspot in the ShinePhone app again, I noticed that there is a place to enter "advanced settings" just before setting my internet connection's wifi and password. The advanced settings require a password which I got to discover that it's "growatt+date" (date is: yearmonthday, i.e. growatt20220531). I did not change anything in the settings, I only saved and the datalogger was recognized like last time but this time it was able to connect to growatt's server.
I aslo have some problem in comunication board , it not shows green light . Can you tell me the growatt support contact ?

Back