diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES Wiring for 0 Export / Need help

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for off grid 5000es x2 and 1 growatt auto trans. Signature solar said I only needed 1 auto trans but when looking at the numbers. Does not make sense.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for off grid 5000es x2 and 1 growatt auto trans. Signature solar said I only needed 1 auto trans but when looking at the numbers. Does not make sense.
Page 25 of the owners manual.
Transformer wires into the loads panel.

No page 25 does not show how to wire the auto transformer with the inverters.
This should help.
Bare in mind that this is a video of a temporary setup on a workbench.
DON'T RUN INDIVIDUAL CONDUCTORS FREELY.

I watched David, he has the old transformer. I have a GroWatt it has separate input and output. It has one side that is L1 and L2 as input from inverter and the side has output for L1 N and L2

I watched David, he has the old transformer. I have a GroWatt it has separate input and output. It has one side that is L1 and L2 as input from inverter and the side has output for L1 N and L2
If I'm not mistaken, it's just jumper wires from input terminals to output terminals.
If that's correct, you can just use the output terminals.
Unless you plan on installing two loads panels.

If I'm not mistaken, it includes a circuit breaker, and will disconnect to protect itself while also disconnecting 120V loads downstream, so they don't suffer over-voltage or brownout due to loss of neutral.

There may yet be issues with using it for a grid-connected system (in particular I'm not sure it ensures derived neutral is bonded to ground), but at least some problems are taken care of.

Hi,

Sorry for a completely newb question but could someone please help me find a wiring diagram for how to connect the Growatt SPF 5000 ES to Utility Grid and set it to zero export?

Thanks,
Mark
it always will be zero export as an off grid inverter and can run the house with no power line from outside as long as battery or solar is sufficient in SBU mode

Back