diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES with JK BMS

sahiru

Hello all,
I am planning to purchase a Growatt SPF 5000 ES and a 16s JK BMS. Would the inverter be able to communicate with the JKBMS with RS485?

Hello all,
I am planning to purchase a Growatt SPF 5000 ES and a 16s JK BMS. Would the inverter be able to communicate with the JKBMS with RS485?
No is the short answer but it may be possible to use a raspberry pi to read from the jk BMS and then emulate a battery protocol to the inverter

to read from the bms

This is meant to emulate the Pylontech battery protocol
https://github.com/juamiso/PYLON_EMU

to my understanding, the growatt communicates to the Pylontech battery over rs485 but this example is using can-bus so am still looking into this my self

Hello all,
Why you need the BMS talk with the inverter? i have a growatt spf 5000 es from signature solar and a diy battery 16s from docan with a JK-B2A24S20P BMS from Hantek working perfect, the communication is a gimmick just ask in the forum.

Last edited:
Why you need the BMS talk with the inverter? i have a growatt spf 5000 es from signature solar and a diy battery 16s from docan with a JK-B2A24S20P BMS from Hantek working perfect, the communication is a gimmick just ask in the forum.
It is primarily to obtain accurate SoC readings. In my case, inverter SoC readingsis 0, 25, 50, 75 & 100% mind you these are usually not correct.
For example, BMS SoC is 10% or even less, inverter will display 100 or 75%

Is there some progress? I have same problem. I dont know how to connect my DIY battery in to Growatt SPF5000ES
I need comunication for SoC readings for my Growatt and then send all Data from Growatt to my home automatization.
Now I worked only on voltage reading from Growatt but SoC% will be better. I have ordered second battery and I dont know whitch BMS buy for native comunication between SPF5000 and BMS. Seplos is little overpriced :(

Back