diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 US 0 Output Voltage

tangle

I have a Growatt SPF 5000 US that reads 0v output. The EG4-LifePower4 Lithium Battery 48V 100AH battery reads 51.1v. The output is going thru a Growatt auto transformer. It was working well for a couple months. When I got home this evening, there was no power. I shut everything down and rebooted. Nothing, not fault code or anything. The only thing on the panel showed solar in and the battery voltage. I thought I would come here and ask for any ideas since I have had terrible experience with Signature Solar tech support. Plus I would have to take off of work since they are no open on Saturdays. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi!
pls hard reset the inverter with no external grid, battery or pv power. in 3 minutes power on the battery, then the inverter and wait for the inverter to power on. if the inverter fails to power on using this method pls grab a video and send to tech support; a replacement RMA will process within 1-2 business days.

Hi!
pls hard reset the inverter with no external grid, battery or pv power. in 3 minutes power on the battery, then the inverter and wait for the inverter to power on. if the inverter fails to power on using this method pls grab a video and send to tech support; a replacement RMA will process within 1-2 business days.
The inverter will power on, there is no AC out.

I created the video and it is to large to upload here or email. Could I put it on youtube and post the link? If so the link is

Last edited:
I left everything powered on last night and when I got home it was working. I did get a fault code of 04 when the inverter powered up, but once it settled done it disappeared. What is the cut off voltage for the BMS on your EG batteries? Shouldn't it be something like 43-56 volts? Is there a setting I should check on the inverter?

Reactions: Rho
Back