diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000ES firmware update

It seems you flashed the MPPT software.
Now the inverter in in a intermediate state waiting the inverter controler to be flashed (F2809_... file)

Did you performed a cold start?
Turn off inverter (on/off switch)
Disconnect the battery (turn off if you have a switch or interrupt the fuse/breaker)
Turn on the inverter switch.
Wait few seconds.
Connect the battery.

Try flashing the firmware.

It seems you flashed the MPPT software.
Now the inverter in in a intermediate state waiting the inverter controler to be flashed (F2809_... file)

Did you performed a cold start?
Turn off inverter (on/off switch)
Disconnect the battery (turn off if you have a switch or interrupt the fuse/breaker)
Turn on the inverter switch.
Wait few seconds.
Connect the battery.

Try flashing the firmware.
Hi everyone,

I tried all kinds of tricks there is out there.
Ended up talking back to the Growatt support and they recommended that I use ISP TOOL 4.3 which worked like a charm.
I'm attaching the files that I received from Growatt support:
  • ISP TOOL 4.3
  • Growatt Firmware 2022-01-04 (CPU and MPPT)
  • Documentation

are Growatt suggesting the latest firmware ,3. F2809_SK040.03_20210204_A.bin (224KB)
is not as good as the earlier version ?

There may be few reasons:
- Growatt does not care about budget users (this inverter has short warranty compared with the expensive ones)
- The changes in the FW are not related to security/safety
- The philosophy "do not FW upgrade if it works"
- others, combined

There may be few reasons:
- Growatt does not care about budget users (this inverter has short warranty compared with the expensive ones)
- The changes in the FW are not related to security/safety
- The philosophy "do not FW upgrade if it works"
- others, combined

This is sad... i asked in Brazil about fw upgrade and got the same answer "updates are not necessary for south America users" - that is totally nonsense for me. Why a given upgrade wouldn't be applicable for a geography? specially when it comes to an offgrid inverter.

At least they could made it available the FW change log...

Hi everyone,

I tried all kinds of tricks there is out there.
Ended up talking back to the Growatt support and they recommended that I use ISP TOOL 4.3 which worked like a charm.
I'm attaching the files that I received from Growatt support:
  • ISP TOOL 4.3
  • Growatt Firmware 2022-01-04 (CPU and MPPT)
  • Documentation
Well still trying to get a Change Log out of this lot, but went ahead and Updated my inverter with the 040.06-041.06_20220104_A now to see what works correctly and what does not? They say this will give the 22A PV input

Well still trying to get a Change Log out of this lot, but went ahead and Updated my inverter with the 040.06-041.06_20220104_A now to see what works correctly and what does not? They say this will give the 22A PV input
Any update? Did this work to get 22a pv input?

Any update? Did this work to get 22a pv input?
I have not yet tried the 22amp option, have seen reports from others that it does, but that I have not personally seen. Looking at the components on the MPPT board should not be a problem.

I have not yet tried the 22amp option, have seen reports from others that it does, but that I have not personally seen. Looking at the components on the MPPT board should not be a problem.
I upgraded my 4 growatt 5k es inverters with SS's help and it updated perfectly. Did not fix my problem of 3 inverters not starting with PV power, but did upgrade the max amps from 18a to 22amps.

I bricked mine yesterday!
I also had the issue that i couldn‘t get past „sending start“
Then i found out that the never communication boards use a exar copr uart bridge instead of the sillicon labs one.

After i changed the driver to the "exar xr21v1410" ISP tool was finaly working (and looking perfect, as in the videos of others).
But then the shock.. after uploading both files, i rebooted the inverter and the :
Stuck.. not even display output anymorey
Only the 3led‘s above the display are blinking. Nothing else anymore.
Tried to reflash, i still can flash But the result is the same..

So be careful.
If someone knows more.. pleease tell me how to unbrick that thing ?

I bricked mine yesterday!
I also had the issue that i couldn‘t get past „sending start“
Then i found out that the never communication boards use a exar copr uart bridge instead of the sillicon labs one.

After i changed the driver to the "exar xr21v1410" ISP tool was finaly working (and looking perfect, as in the videos of others).
But then the shock.. after uploading both files, i rebooted the inverter and the :
Stuck.. not even display output anymorey
Only the 3led‘s above the display are blinking. Nothing else anymore.
Tried to reflash, i still can flash But the result is the same..

So be careful.
If someone knows more.. pleease tell me how to unbrick that thing ?
NOTE: Sometimes updating may fail, you may close the inverter by disconnect battery break and close ISP tool and disconnect USB line. Confirm the inverter is not power by battery or PV or utility. Then you connect USB line again, and open ISP tool do the same step as above, after you press Flash button, you let the inverter power on. Wait for several minutes the update will go on

This is in the document ?

Never had to try it, but worth a bash

i tried so many times, i cant immagine, that it will work when i try another 10times.
I don’t think its that. But thanks for the idea.

There is a 067 fw, i need that one, and then it will work again, im pretty sure.
The newest i found online is the 040 one.. from 4. Januar 22 but there also a 067 one, for the ones with the new communication board.

I even found that in this forum that there is 2comm boards:

0EF81499-2068-4C37-8A79-7C808DF29523.jpeg
Picture is from Journeyman486

i tried so many times, i cant immagine, that it will work when i try another 10times.

There is a 067 fw, i need that one, and then it will work again, im pretty sure.
The newest i found online is the 040 one.. from 4. Januar 22 but there also a 067 one, for the ones with the new communication board.

I even found that in this forum that there is 2comm boards ;)
I will send them a whatsapp and see if they can send the new firmware for the new comm boards

View attachment 102012
No reply from these fellows , tell me what ISP Ver are you using ? It seems it has to be Ver 4.30 , just have a peek at that.

View attachment 102012
Any update on your issue? were you able to resolve it using ISP v4.3?

NOTE: Sometimes updating may fail, you may close the inverter by disconnect battery break and close ISP tool and disconnect USB line. Confirm the inverter is not power by battery or PV or utility. Then you connect USB line again, and open ISP tool do the same step as above, after you press Flash button, you let the inverter power on. Wait for several minutes the update will go on

This is in the document ?

Never had to try it, but worth a bash
seems this is the method, in case all goes south! As you said, worth a try, albeit, try this time changing laptops (probably to a Win7 one, and a tad older)?

Noni need version 6.. look on the above screenshot, i had that fw on before.
Ine has the new com board, wich uses newer fw‘s
976E9AD7-2E7D-4ABB-B816-07724800C1CF.jpeg

Noni need version 6.. look on the above screenshot, i had that fw on before.
Ine has the new com board, wich uses newer fw‘s
View attachment 102025
try pressing the up & down together for 5 secs, then set the number in the middle to 305, click Enter, you should see reset menu with 034, click enter to confirm, then esc to exit.
1657455059109.png
1657455078075.png

Back