Imp 8.97A,
Voc 44.5V,
Isc 9.43A
maximum series fusing 15A,
model ansr mp1720330
used for about 4 years
and planning to buy

growatt spf 5000es.

As i understood pv array max amp for spf 5000es is 18 amp and my pv should be max 9s2p or better 8s2p( considering %/C° -0.31 and cell nominal operating temperature 44c° in winter i have -25c°).

Would 6s3p work?

Would it be safe for inverter 8s2p (or 9s2p)
= 17.96 amps? ( I think i ll never get those amps since that is used panels)
Thanks!Screenshot_2021-10-21-08-37-31-839_nl.marktplaats.android.jpg

Last edited:
I have been running the growatt 5000 ES inverter for a few months now. My panels are in 9S2P config and that has worked very well.

Dear ,we have SPF 5000ES in the stock now .
As for your question,
You can make them be 2 strings .And each string has 9 pcs panels connected in series .
SPF 5000ES just only have one MPPT .That means that if you want to use 18pcs , you need to add a Y shape connector .
Have you purchased the inverter ?
We have SPF 5000ES in the stock now .If you have any questions , you can contact me .
just to confirm; specs datasheet says this unit takes 230 VAC for internal ac powered battery charger. I read that as 230vac single phase, as in European and/or Asian, or some So. America? standards, and not 230 vac split phase, as in the USA standard. Right? ... and for AC output; I can only assume it is same "230vac single phase"? I would like to be clearer on what I am looking at. Why does the spec sheet NOT include an AC Output spec? ... I only see an INPUT spec for the battery charger. I request a better improved spec datasheet for our DIY forum members (with no room for confusion) !!!

... while this DIYSolarForum is international, I think majority live in USA with 240vac split phase (not really sure of %s). If there is some way of getting these 230vac single phase inverters working in the USA; ??? : I would like to see a clear set of spec sheets and an equipment diagram of how that is accomplished, ... along with a youtube video of such networked equipment running a high amp draw 240vac split phase compressor or some other appliance. ... just some personal thoughts along with my personal opinion.

Last edited:
just to confirm; specs datasheet says this unit takes 230 VAC for internal ac powered battery charger. I read that as 230vac single phase, as in European and/or Asian, or some So. America? standards, and not 230 vac split phase, as in the USA standard. Right? ... and for AC output; I can only assume it is same "230vac single phase"? I would like to be clearer on what I am looking at. Why does the spec sheet NOT include an AC Output spec? ... I only see an INPUT spec for the battery charger. I request a better improved spec datasheet for our DIY forum members (with no room for confusion) !!!

... while this DIYSolarForum is international, I think majority live in USA with 240vac split phase (not really sure of %s). If there is some way of getting these 230vac single phase inverters working in the USA; ??? : I would like to see a clear set of spec sheets and an equipment diagram of how that is accomplished, ... along with a youtube video of such networked equipment running a high amp draw 240vac split phase compressor or some other appliance. ... just some personal thoughts along with my personal opinion.
Researching to educate my curious side: ... I found 2 youtube clips; educating me about using a SolarEdge AUTO-TX-5000 5KVA Auto-Transformer (saw prices of $370- $600) with these 230vac European standard to get 230vac split phase, plus (importantly, for your 120vac ground connection) for the two 120vac legs in your usa circuit breaker box. YouTube Lessons:
Growatt 5kW ES + Mid-Point Transformer Explained! 120V/240V - HD by SignatureSolar
& Parallel 3 Inverters Together, off grid 48V 120/240, 1-Month Update by David Poz
Note: Personally, I am warming up to this idea of possibly trying out something like these setups needing an auto-transformer. Appears to be both pros and cons (or challenge for possibly a better auto transformer ?) mentioned in clips above. The Pro mentioned by SignatureSolar was possibly full power of your all in one unit going to each leg of the 120vac in your 240vac split phase capable circuit breaker box / as opposed to only half of total output going to each leg ??? I wonder if that is true for my 4 MPP LV2424s configured of 240vac split phase giving me about 40 amps on each 120vac leg of my my breaker box. ... Got some math and more study to do as I wonder about these types of options. ... I am still looking for better spec datasheets and Auto-Transformer wiring diagram from GroWatt than I have so far run across. Anyone know if these auto-transformer are easy to do with an electrical permit inspection (if someone chose to go that way)? ... My Two Cents :+) Bill

Last edited:
Dear ,we have SPF 5000ES in the stock now .
As for your question,
You can make them be 2 strings .And each string has 9 pcs panels connected in series .
SPF 5000ES just only have one MPPT .That means that if you want to use 18pcs , you need to add a Y shape connector .
Have you purchased the inverter ?
We have SPF 5000ES in the stock now .If you have any questions , you can contact me .
Since you are pitching sales here in the forum. I wonder if you can tell us what company name you go by, and where you ship from. If so, I am curious about that. Are you "Eitai China" company?

Back