diy solar

diy solar

Growatt spf 5000es supply issue

kosmotyp

Hello, I have two Growatt spf5000es Inverters. When I'm using the battery and the the voltage go below the set values its supouse to start to use the utility supply. And it use it for my loads, but invertors continue to use the battery for their supply. Do you know how I can set the invertors to use supply from utility only in that case? Thank you in advance.

Not sure if I understand your question. If you are saying that when operating in AC Bypass there is still a draw on your battery you are correct. It is not running the inverter it is powering the AIO circuitry. This is usually not a problem if you are getting solar or if you have some utiilty charging current set. However it can drain the battery low if neither is happening.

If instead you are saying it does not transfer to AC Bypass when below set voltage to do so we would need to know what modes you are operating in. Can you select Uti mode and AC Bypass happen?

Hello,
I also have two inverters in parallel (single phase) SPF 5000 ES with firmware 040 05 701; 041 05 701. Batteries 4xSLA 12V / 24Ah (They are small only to support parallel operation).
I also have the same issue. When there isn't enough power from PV modules, the batteries are not charging. I have specified Program 14 to be SNU. The problem is that if it is a cloudy day, or the load power is more than PV production, the inverters draw 1.6 to 2A from the batteries the whole day without charging. They even drop below specified voltage in Program 21 48.0V. They start charging after sunset. I tried different settings but it is still the same.
I only managed to make them charge the batteries the whole day using in Program 1 SOL. But then the panels are not used to supply load if they don't have enough power. And inverters switch internal relays many times a day.
Is it normal behavior? May be I am missing something in configuration.
Here is my config:
ProgramDescriptionSetting
01Output source prioritySUB
02Maximum charging current3A
03AC input voltage rangeUPS
04Power saving modeDIS
05Battery typeUSE
06Auto restart when overload occursDIS
07Auto restart when over temperature occursDIS
08Output voltage230V
09Output frequency50Hz
10Number of series batteries connected4