diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 6000T DVM settings.

blizzow

I have a Growatt SPF 6000T DVM inverter and a 48V 100AH Amperetime LIfePo4 battery.
This is the battery:
I have 9 panels in 3s3p
My first growatt inverter had some kind of meltdown and after 6 months of waiting, I finally got a replacement of sorts. In those six months of waiting, my Amperetime battery that was connected to my first inverter seems to have gone flat.
I hooked up the new inverter and kind of jumpstarted the inverter by stringing five 9v batteries together to light up the inverter motherboard and setting the inverter to utility charging right away. Now the inverter is on and the growatt dashboard says it's charging at a constant 41w but only importing 36w with 0w from the Solar. I don't even know how to wrap my head around that? I get a constant low voltage fault on the front screen but the whole thing stays on.

A) What should my growatt settings for the battery be since this battery does not have a BMS?
B) How can I get the inverter to charge my battery? If I set the inverter to something like PV charging, the solar doesn't seem to come online and the battery just dies after a little bit.
C) Growatt customer service and warranty is worse than dogshit. Do not buy. ;)

Clever on the 5S 9V batteries.

A)

absorption: 3.45-3.55V/cell
float: 3.375V/cell

B) check setting 12. If your battery voltage is above that, it won't charge. Turn the inverter off and see if it will charge better in standby mode.

C) yes. That's why you always buy from a reliable reseller.

Back