diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 6000T DVM

Not at all. I installed the driver for the ISP tool and the PC recognized the inverter. I unzipped and, using the ISP tool, browsed for the bin file that was in the folder you linked to and flashed the inverter. It shut down and the CHG light came on as the instructions stated it would. And then nothing. I let it run for well over 20 minutes. I did not get any progress bar or other indicators on the ISP tool.

@Pete@SolarBatteryBarn: Unfortunately this firmware update did not take and now my inverter is dead. I will reach out to Francis Liang for support. Are they stateside or in china?
After a number of calls and submitting a video of the current state of affairs to signature solar they were going to take back the unit and send me a new one. But the hassle of taking this hundred pound unit off the wall and shipping it back to them seemed greater than the trouble it might take me to install a new controller board myself. Growatt indicated it’s probably a fried controller board and signature solar agreed to provide a new one. But I have no instruction yet as to the replacement process and I’m wondering if anyone out there has done this before and can give me some advice. I will also contact signature solar to ask and I’m not going to try to just do it without clear instruction.

Am I making a mistake doing this myself and does anyone think I can do it while the unit is still mounted to the wall?

Considering the weight of the unit, I'd opt for replacing the control board. I think the only tricky part will be carefully disconnecting the cable from the display board attached to the front cover without stressing it.

Considering the weight of the unit, I'd opt for replacing the control board. I think the only tricky part will be carefully disconnecting the cable from the display board attached to the front cover without stressing it.
I saw a picture of someone opening the unit and had the same thought. Looks like there’s a ribbon cable to the controls/display on the front.

Anyone out there know of a video or post with pics showing the procedure for replacement?

The Growatt draws about 25 watts just sitting there in standby. Not a significant amount but it adds up. Take that in to consideration when planning how you intend to operate the thing.
I've measured around 150w sitting idle.

I saw a picture of someone opening the unit and had the same thought. Looks like there’s a ribbon cable to the controls/display on the front.

Anyone out there know of a video or post with pics showing the procedure for replacement?
@BenFromSignatureSolar Looks like you hooked someone else up with the assistance I need to change out the control board on my SPF6000T DVM-MPV. It bricked after an attempted firmware update. Sig Solar already sent me a control board and I am ready to install it.

@BenFromSignatureSolar Looks like you hooked someone else up with the assistance I need to change out the control board on my SPF6000T DVM-MPV. It bricked after an attempted firmware update. Sig Solar already sent me a control board and I am ready to install it.
Let me see what I can get together for you. Please send me over a DM with your email address and if you have it, order number.

Let me see what I can get together for you. Please send me over a DM with your email address and if you have it, order number.
I changed out the board and the inverter came back online. Now I need to get the WiFi dongle to speak to the inverter so I can see the status of the system via the app and online. I'm in the middle of trying to write the inverter SN to the new controller board, per Growatt's instruction. Not so easy as the SN write tool requires a legacy COM port which is not supported on Win10 and Win11. At least my system is up and functioning. If only we had some sunshine here in the NE ?.

Any one have any experience with the Growatt SPF 6000T DVM, good or bad? I'm thinking of buying one for my cabin solar. So far I've got 24 100w panels, and plan on expanding to 36 or 48 panels for when I eventually move up there.
I have 1 of them as a spare. It's ok if you can get by with it's output rating. It's not enough power for me. I need at least 6kw on 120v & that will only put out 3kw per leg & you can't combine the legs to get 6kw. It'll do 6kw @240v. It's good if that's within your power needs.

Back