diy solar

diy solar

growatt spf 6000t vs MPP LV6048

bgflyguy

Anyone have a comparison? They both seem to have their downfalls.

Concerns with the MPP:
145v Voc PV input / MPPT with MPPT at 60v - 115v
60a Utility charger
Only 70lbs

Concerns with the Growatt:
Can't be parralleled
Single CC @ 5kw total
requires battery

I have 10 panels @ 50.4Voc, 42.4Vmp, 10.6a Isc for 4.1kw total

The dual controller of the MPP is attractive, I have lots of shading issues and the more CCs the better.

Any other considerations?

Growatt also behaves a little differently with AC charging (grid or generator).

"
Utility/Generator Charger tips:
The generator charger is a different beast to the solar charger. (Does not utilize the Bulk and Float Charge settings)
It works on a float valve type principle. (triggers when battery voltage drops below that on setting 12 – set the voltage higher than current battery voltage to start charging right away)
Stops charging from Generator when setting 13′ s voltage is reached
Will not start charging the battery again until it drops below battery voltage – in setting 12.
Setting 01 set to SBU to activate setting 12 and 13.
Setting 02, is the Max charging current from Solar + Utility/Generator
Setting 11, is the Maximum Generator/Utility charging current @ your battery voltage (not at 120V)
Setting 14, make sure this setting includes the option to charge from utility/generator (see manual)
Note, setting Setting 11 too high for your generator may cause your generator to falter at startup, and cause the Inverter Charger to lose synchronization with the Generator (58 to 63Hz), if in doubt start small, and work your way up.
"

That's interesting. I think I could make it work, but I don't like the limitations.

Yeah the single phase 240v might be a problem though.

So many choices, but each option has limitations.

the balance transformer creates a great split phase experience and the cost of upgrade is kept lower because you do not buy a second transformer
both 6kw units discussed tap out 3000w/3000w L1/L2
the 5000es with transformer is 5000/5000/ 5000w overall

yes, the split phase transformer giver you a perfect 120/240 experience, see the video on our website.
the surge start is on par with transformer types as well

yes, the split phase transformer giver you a perfect 120/240 experience, see the video on our website.
the surge start is on par with transformer types as well
The transformer looks like it works well, but David never hooked up the inverter to the grid.

Do you have any experience running 5000es from L1,L2 with no neutral from a split phase US grid ?

Back