diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF3000TL dry contact

Rodney-F

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has seen this before and if there is a resolution for it. I have 2 Growatt SPF 3000TL 24V inverters in parallel for 240v output. I have a 10k diesel generator as my utility input. Problem is when the battery voltage reaches set point in program 12, the inverter will close the dry contact and starter the generator fine. When power is sent to the inverter, the inverter will immediately open the contact and the generator will shut down. It will continue looping like this until the generator is turned off. Setting for program 12 is currently set at 23 volts. Setting for program 13 is currently set at 27. Generator voltage is 120v and frequency is 60hz. Thank you very much if there's anyone on here that could help.

I just received an email from signature solar stating they do not provide any support for the generator start feature on growatt inverters despite the fact that the feature is listed in the literature.
Is this an off grid inverter?
Is it a 2 wire start system ?
If so , are your control wires terminated on C and NC?
If you drain the batteries down to the voltage set point that the inverter closes the contacts, and manually start the generator does it work with no issues?

A simple fix might be to add a timer relay to the circuit so that the generator will run X hours after
A simple fix might be to add a timer relay to the circuit so that the generator will run X hours after activated.
I agree. Grainger has some multifunction spst/dpst tdrs relays that have "one shot " control plus a plethora of features for about 50 bucks.

I have exactly the same issue with the 5000TL-hmv-wpv. The documentation says it will work however, now having spent nearly $1000 on two-wire auto starts for the generators, I am told by my supplier that "it doesn't work 100% - just turn it on manually". A $50 fix may be the best option. Growatt Australia don't answer their phones.

I have exactly the same issue with the 5000TL-hmv-wpv. The documentation says it will work however, now having spent nearly $1000 on two-wire auto starts for the generators, I am told by my supplier that "it doesn't work 100% - just turn it on manually". A $50 fix may be the best option. Growatt Australia don't answer their phones.
What I ended up doing is installing a voltage monitor that turns the gene on and off. Works great. I was going to install a time delay but being that the gene comes on sometimes in the morning just before the sun comes up it would be running when the panels are producing power. That would be a waist off fuel. They didn't answer my calls either. Honestly, there lucky that the inverter is so awesome that I can work around the faulty dry contact issue. ? It really is a great inverter.

What I ended up doing is installing a voltage monitor that turns the gene on and off. Works great. I was going to install a time delay but being that the gene comes on sometimes in the morning just before the sun comes up it would be running when the panels are producing power. That would be a waist off fuel. They didn't answer my calls either. Honestly, there lucky that the inverter is so awesome that I can work around the faulty dry contact issue. ? It really is a great inverter.
Do you have a link to the voltage monitor you're using Rodney? Sounds like a good solution.

Back