diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPH and Power import control from grid

Hi all. Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I am having the same issues. Installed 21 JA solar, 20kw axe growatt battery and SPH6000 inverter. Quickly noticed the continual draw issue so hope if I get an SDM230 installed that will solve that problem OR have been searching to see if there is a way to recalibrate the CT clamp within the inverter but no joy to that.

Also notice the issue around dusk that the battery stops releasing energy to the house then reserved mode appears on the app beside the battery. Yesterday to prove my theory that its something to do with the panels just stopped producing power I isolated them from the inverter and the issue did not happen. Growatt surely need to fix this within their software or am I missing something I should be doing.

Those of you who installed the SDM230 I presume you run around 0W draw from the grid now? BUT did it also fix the issue that the battery stops power to the house around dusk?

Thanks for any help

David

Growatt makes money by buying the eastron from the supplier, adding a label and telling the world how special and different it is. Price was double of the Eastron one.
But we use 3 phase meters to make sure to get everything covered by the single phase hybrid. We pay only for the whole balance of all 3 phases and therefore a single phase meter does not really work or that clamp which came with the sph 4600.

We have bought the eastron and did not play around with some even cheaper ones cause if you get in trouble you will be alone most likely cause there are not so many growatt sph owners . YOu can save 20 € or 10€ but can end up spending 10 hours for nothing.

I know this is a long dead thread but AFAIK you just need to set the RS485 address to correspond with the invertor's address, and an 'ordinary' SDM230 should work. I've been using mine for months and balance is good - normally 0 to 20w exported from the battery (down from 100 to even 200 with the CT...

Back