diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPH Series Inverter - Meter 401 Error

mnm1501

Hi All,
I have been having issues with the supplied CT (SPH5000 inverter) being inaccurate, tried replacing but still off.
Decided to go down the meter path & at the recommendation of Growatt, purchased a Eastron SDM120CT MV, they sent me the connection details which are pin1 & 5 for the RS485, I have checked the meter is working & I can read MODBUS values from it. Issue is they said to set the meter to ID:1 Baud:9600 (didnt state Parity, default is N) but I get error 401 when I change the inverter to Meter from CT. I have tried all the combos of ID:1 or 2, Baud:2400 or 9600 & Parity: N or E without luck.
Has anybody used a Eastron Meter on there Growatt SPH inverter, if so what settings worked for you?
Thanks
Matt

Hi All,
I have been having issues with the supplied CT (SPH5000 inverter) being inaccurate, tried replacing but still off.
Decided to go down the meter path & at the recommendation of Growatt, purchased a Eastron SDM120CT MV, they sent me the connection details which are pin1 & 5 for the RS485, I have checked the meter is working & I can read MODBUS values from it. Issue is they said to set the meter to ID:1 Baud:9600 (didnt state Parity, default is N) but I get error 401 when I change the inverter to Meter from CT. I have tried all the combos of ID:1 or 2, Baud:2400 or 9600 & Parity: N or E without luck.
Has anybody used a Eastron Meter on there Growatt SPH inverter, if so what settings worked for you?
Thanks
Matt
Have you got this done yet Matt?
i have a SPH5000 and due to distance i never bothered with the CT and went straight to a Eastron meter ( growatt programed) just 2 wires uesd in a 50m cate 5e cable, changed to meter on the inverter and all was good, do you see a phone icon on the Eastron

Have you got this done yet Matt?
i have a SPH5000 and due to distance i never bothered with the CT and went straight to a Eastron meter ( growatt programed) just 2 wires uesd in a 50m cate 5e cable, changed to meter on the inverter and all was good, do you see a phone icon on the Eastron
I have used a SMD230

No, it didn't work, I can read the meter from RS485 gateway ok, I didn't buy the meter from Growatt, I have been talking to Growatt support & they are going to send me a meter that they use to see if it is a firmware issue with the meter or the Inverter. Hopefully that will solve the problem. It is very frustrating as the CT is very inaccurate at low power, it is showing a lower consumption that the authority meter by as much as 2-4kWh per day.

So I am in the UK with a 100 amp supply from the grid, as I would rather a proper meter over a CT my only choice was the SMD230, to pass through upto 100amp, I was looking to set my kit up as cheap as I could I found eastron meters on ebay, but then read it must be growatt flashed, I think it was about £45, it just works, and is 100% accurate compaired to the grid meter next to it

Are any of you Growatt SPH inverter owners US-based?

Have any of you successfully gotten zero-export functionality working with CT-type sensors (no in-line meter)?

So I am in the UK with a 100 amp supply from the grid, as I would rather a proper meter over a CT my only choice was the SMD230, to pass through upto 100amp, I was looking to set my kit up as cheap as I could I found eastron meters on ebay, but then read it must be growatt flashed, I think it was about £45, it just works, and is 100% accurate compaired to the grid meter next to it
interesting !, I just installed an SPH6000 in the UK, i've been chatting to Growatt support uk (Oxford) and explaining that im importing 100-150w all day long, they haven't come up with an answer for this yet. Looks like I need a meter rather tan the supplied clamp.

Kind of annoying that the whole purpose of a hybrid inverter is to stop import of energy from the grid to save money, yet its pulling a number of kw a day due to inaccuracy.

Will give the SMD230 a go.

tax

Interesting !, I just installed an SPH6000 in the UK, i've been chatting to Growatt support uk (Oxford) and explaining that im importing 100-150w all day long, they haven't come up with an answer for this yet. Looks like I need a meter rather than the supplied clamp.

Kind of annoying that the whole purpose of a hybrid inverter is to stop import of energy from the grid to save money, yet its pulling a number of kw a day due to inaccuracy.

Will give the SMD230 a go.

tax
Did you fix this? I had issues with my CT installed in the consumer unit, but when I moved it to the external meter box and made sure the Cat5e cable (about 10-12 metres long) was wired correctly (use one twisted pair) it all worked fine. I have SPH5000...

Reactions: imi
I have just had an Eastron meter fitted but it still shows the load incorrect. I see it is wired to the RS485 slot. Shouldn’t it be going to Meter?

Back