Growatt SPH4600 - SEPLOS 200A 16S BMS

comtel

Hello, I have a Growatt SPH4600 inverter with a self-made 200Ah LiFePo4 battery with SEPLOS 200A BMS.
The BMS communicates with the SPH4600 via CAN.
Everything works as expected. Unfortunately, the SPH4600 no longer uses the battery after a full SOC 100% charge.
I noticed that the SEPLOS BMS interrupts charging after 100% SOC.
The charging switch is off.
Only the discharge switch is enabled.
All good so far, only the SPH4600 ignores the battery from this point on.
There is no fault on the inverter! The message in the BMS monitoring: Intermittent power supply waiting.
Can someone help me?

comtel

Seplos Monitoring Software Screenshot

Attachments

• 3E90F636-E1D7-4FE2-874E-4088B276063A.png
    3E90F636-E1D7-4FE2-874E-4088B276063A.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 42

lekeola

Hello, I have a Growatt SPH4600 inverter with a self-made 200Ah LiFePo4 battery with SEPLOS 200A BMS.
Everything works as expected. Unfortunately, the SPH4600 no longer uses the battery after a full SOC 100% charge.
There is no fault on the inverter! The message in the BMS monitoring: Intermittent power supply waiting.
Can someone help me?
Hello, I will assume your battery is fully charged @ 100% SOC, while your system is still connected to the grid power, the BMS will not supply voltage to the inverter it's a way to help prevent using the battery voltage as long as grid is on.
That also help to reduce unneccesaries battery circles , charge and discharge of your battery so u can max. battery circle.
As soon as u switch off the grid supply the BMS will supply required voltage as stored. Unless set otherwise. Hope this help

Last edited:

Carlcat

Can someone help me?
Hi comtel,
Did you end up sorting this out? Is there some settings in the SPH or Seplos that had to be enabled. I'm curious as I'm designing a similar system.

houseofancients

Solar Addict
Hi comtel,
Did you end up sorting this out? Is there some settings in the SPH or Seplos that had to be enabled. I'm curious as I'm designing a similar system.
there have been a few update to the bms firmware specificly for growatt comms.
would be worth checking out and updating your bms

fafrd

Photon Sorcerer
Are any of you Growatt SPH-series inverter owners based in the US?

I’m interested to understand whether anyone here in the US has successfully gotten a Growatt SPH configured for zero-export using CT-style sensor (no in-line sensor).

And also interested to undetee SDR tans where in the US these SPH inverters can be purchased?