diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPH4600 - SEPLOS 200A 16S BMS

comtel

Hello, I have a Growatt SPH4600 inverter with a self-made 200Ah LiFePo4 battery with SEPLOS 200A BMS.
The BMS communicates with the SPH4600 via CAN.
Everything works as expected. Unfortunately, the SPH4600 no longer uses the battery after a full SOC 100% charge.
I noticed that the SEPLOS BMS interrupts charging after 100% SOC.
The charging switch is off.
Only the discharge switch is enabled.
All good so far, only the SPH4600 ignores the battery from this point on.
There is no fault on the inverter! The message in the BMS monitoring: Intermittent power supply waiting.
Can someone help me?

Seplos Monitoring Software Screenshot

Attachments

• 3E90F636-E1D7-4FE2-874E-4088B276063A.png
    3E90F636-E1D7-4FE2-874E-4088B276063A.png
    2 MB · Views: 192
Hello, I have a Growatt SPH4600 inverter with a self-made 200Ah LiFePo4 battery with SEPLOS 200A BMS.
Everything works as expected. Unfortunately, the SPH4600 no longer uses the battery after a full SOC 100% charge.
There is no fault on the inverter! The message in the BMS monitoring: Intermittent power supply waiting.
Can someone help me?
Hello, I will assume your battery is fully charged @ 100% SOC, while your system is still connected to the grid power, the BMS will not supply voltage to the inverter it's a way to help prevent using the battery voltage as long as grid is on.
That also help to reduce unneccesaries battery circles , charge and discharge of your battery so u can max. battery circle.
As soon as u switch off the grid supply the BMS will supply required voltage as stored. Unless set otherwise. Hope this help

Last edited:
It sounds like 'As designed' to me. Do you have solar panels?

Can someone help me?
Hi comtel,
Did you end up sorting this out? Is there some settings in the SPH or Seplos that had to be enabled. I'm curious as I'm designing a similar system.

Hi comtel,
Did you end up sorting this out? Is there some settings in the SPH or Seplos that had to be enabled. I'm curious as I'm designing a similar system.
there have been a few update to the bms firmware specificly for growatt comms.
would be worth checking out and updating your bms

Are any of you Growatt SPH-series inverter owners based in the US?

I’m interested to understand whether anyone here in the US has successfully gotten a Growatt SPH configured for zero-export using CT-style sensor (no in-line sensor).

And also interested to undetee SDR tans where in the US these SPH inverters can be purchased?

Can someone help me?
Hello, I have SPH4000 and Seplos BMS. I can't communicate with the inverter. Which communication cable do you use (standard patch cable or with some modification)? Have you connected on CAN to CAN port or different? Thanks...

Can someone help me?
Have you found a solution?

I have a similar issue. The battery charges to 100% and then BMS goes into standby. Using the reset button and switching the BMS on and off makes no difference. My Growatt SPH3600 is a grid tied solar inverter. I switched it to Load first mode.
The only thing that makes the BMS wake up and the battery discharge is when I manually change the battery capacoty so BMS thinks it is less than 100% full.

Thanks to Seplos support I figured this out. My cells are unbalanced so one of them was hitting the overvoltage protection. The BMS then goes into standby and waits until both the recovery conditions are satisfied:
1. Individual cell voltage decrease to over voltage recovery threshold.
2. The remaining capacity is lower than 96% of the intermittent power supply.
Both conditions should be satisfied.

The issue here is that the inverter does not request any power from the BMS which is in standby mode. So it never goes below 96% unless I manually set the capacity and fool the BMS into thinkiong it is less than 96% full.
If the cells were balanced I wouldn't hit overvoltage protection in the normal course.

I have an issue with inverter SPH4000 when not having solar energy (overnight). When the battery is discharged to defied SOC (in my case 20 percent) then the inverter must stop using energy from the battery. In my case stop using energy. But.. inverters hold voltage (Bus voltage 30-40 mv higher then battery). In this case constantly battery charge with 1.2 -1.4 A (I think from grid) although inverter charge from grid is disabled. Have who any idea how I can resolve my problem?

This happened to me with Growatt and Pylontech as well. So I don't think this is related to Seplos. I have not been able to resolve the problem. I do find that once the battery accumulates some charge it discharges about every 30 minutes.

This happened to me with Growatt and Pylontech as well. So I don't think this is related to Seplos. I have not been able to resolve the problem. I do find that once the battery accumulates some charge it discharges about every 30 minutes.
I accept, It is not a problem from Seplos, But... BMS sends messages to the inverter with battery voltage. Maybe, Seplos have the option to send in MODBUS data voltage of battery for 30 mV smaller. In this case the bus voltage will be smaller.

Can someone help me?
Hello,
Can you tell me about the cable pin configuration between sph and bms ?
I have some problems with a sph5000, not recognize the li-ion batteries (GSO-GBP48V)

Hello, I have SPH4000 and Seplos BMS. I can't communicate with the inverter. Which communication cable do you use (standard patch cable or with some modification)? Have you connected on CAN to CAN port or different? Thanks...
hello jsolar
Did you connect sph with seplos with CAN ?

Yes, I have communication over CAN. Communication is with pins 4 and 5. I was also uploading new firmware which I got from Seplos.

Has anyone been able to resolve the problem the OP had? Every time my battery hits 100% the charge switch turns off and then the BMS won't discharge the battery. I think this is because the Growatt inverter put in a small bit of current into the battery to test the voltage before it initiates discharging. Because the charge switch off off, it is not able to do so thus not able to discharge.

I have the Seplois communicating with the Growatt over CAN - selected the correct protocol, cells top balanced and capacity set correctly.

specific cable.. mine works great for the most part

hello jsolar
Did you connect sph with seplos with CAN ?
gonna find the wiring diagram for the correct canbus cable guys and send. Check after this for the diagram
Blue and white /blue /green and white /orange and white /orange /green /brown /brown and white

Orange / orange and white / green and white / blue / blue and white / green / brown / brown and white

------------------------------------
BMS communication cable ABMS CABLE A Battery to Canbus .jpeg

Back