diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPH4600 - SEPLOS 200A 16S BMS

Talk with seplos, they have firmware for some growatt inverter, not all of them. As a general rule, never buy an inverter without Pylontect bms protocol compatibility. It is well known and use my many battery/bms supplier.

Talk with seplos, they have firmware for some growatt inverter, not all of them. As a general rule, never buy an inverter without Pylontect bms protocol compatibility. It is well known and use my many battery/bms supplier.
My friend, I was talking with Seplos and I have firmware for my inverter. Pylontech .. Yes, now is too late..

Growatt SPH officially does not support any battery except Growatt. I have had a conversation with Growatt for the last four month. Maybe another type of Growatt inverter but SPH not. I am definitely disappointed and must find another BMS. Investition on the inverter is too big and for me to replace the inverter is too much.
I am still waiting for Seplos' possible solution to work around.
They had supported the pylon batteries but later removed such recommendations for what ever reasons.
But there are more batteries running with the Growatt for example rack batteries from china with 5 kWh for 900$ + ddp fees of cause.
They have a BMS talking Growatt CanBus Dialect and work like the genuine Growatt afaik.

They had supported the pylon batteries but later removed such recommendations for what ever reasons.
But there are more batteries running with the Growatt for example rack batteries from china with 5 kWh for 900$ + ddp fees of cause.
They have a BMS talking Growatt CanBus Dialect and work like the genuine Growatt afaik.
I can't trust an inverter who can't talk with pylon ;-)

Last edited:
Here is a statement in the comments of the video regarding the support of the SPH4600

It should work for sure cause on the german forums had been posts about the SPH and the Seplos BMS as the solution where a comment from 22nd of february might help you the most:

First he uses a seplos configuration Tool where he chose the protocol where pylontech seems to be the default.
After that he had to switch to GROWATT protocoll and then had to update the SPH firmware.
Should be easy to achieve as he mentioned that he has a laptop permanently connected to the SPH.

He also mentions that he had purchased a pylontech cabel to connect the seplos BMS with the Growatt which was about 20 - 30€.
You would get the cable and a downloadlink for the sofware and pretty well documentation .

Finally the video and the service / reply offered by seplos for a SPH 4000 owner 11 months ago:

Open the video and then the comments section and simply search for 'sph'

There you will find a seplos reply and a mail adress to get the support you might need.

'There might be some setup problems. Could you please send an email to support@seplos.com. The after-sale service will guide you to finish all the setup processes.'

Hello, I have a Growatt SPH4600 inverter with a self-made 200Ah LiFePo4 battery with SEPLOS 200A BMS.
The BMS communicates with the SPH4600 via CAN.
Everything works as expected. Unfortunately, the SPH4600 no longer uses the battery after a full SOC 100% charge.
I noticed that the SEPLOS BMS interrupts charging after 100% SOC.
The charging switch is off.
Only the discharge switch is enabled.
All good so far, only the SPH4600 ignores the battery from this point on.
There is no fault on the inverter! The message in the BMS monitoring: Intermittent power supply waiting.
Can someone help me?
There seems to be a solution at least according to this german forum where he mentions a workaround by turning the intermittent charging function switch in the seplos bms off.

1655241175522.png

Hope that helps cause they do recommand the seplos for all sph owner who tend to build their own battery.

does the growatt support pylontech batteries ?
serious question ?
serious answer expected I guess

watch this video Growatt presenting the pylon tech battery box and wiring

Be happy and asked growatt, but be aware that Growatt has stopped this cooperation or joint business.
Maybe enemies, but still a lot do use it here in europe, I mean central europe.

Hi,
I have contact with Growatt and get next response:
'Sorry, since the BMS and batteries are not from our brand, we have no such support of them. And we have no communication protocol of your batteries and BMS. They won't work successfully with our SPH. We cannot help you more about this issue.'
That is a disaster... In the Growatt documentation there is no notification that Growatt SPH works only with Growatt BMS. In this case, I never buy an inverter from Growatt. Have who anny ideas?
Attached is the list from Pylontech of compatible inverters

Attachments

• Pylontech Compatible List V2.02 ESS.pdf
    152.5 KB · Views: 43
Hello, I have SPH4000 and Seplos BMS. I can't communicate with the inverter. Which communication cable do you use (standard patch cable or with some modification)? Have you connected on CAN to CAN port or different? Thanks...
hi jsolar im having issues communicating between my Growatt and Seplos 14S BMS,, did you find the right cable or another solution ?

Back