diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPS 5000 ES

tangle

I am kind of a newbie on solar systems and have a question. I have a Growatt SPS 5000 ES inverter, Eg4 battery. 2.5 KW of solar. I have the PV and battery hooked up and then I test for voltage across ground and L1 I get 0 V, across ground and L2 I get 0 V, but when I test across L1 and L2 I get 240 V. Is this normal? I thought that the L1 and L2 should be 120 V each and read it across the ground. Am I missing something in the settings? Thanks in advance.

OP: Did you buy it from Signature Solar? Did they provide you with wiring diagram and also explain to you that it is a modified unit being sold as SPF500US (but the sticker and the document do not show that)?

Message me if you have questions. I assume you bought from us since you have the EG4 battery. The 5000ES is a 240v only unit. To generate 120v you need a transformer to generate a neutral. I’ll be happy to provide a diagram and explanation.

OP: Did you buy it from Signature Solar? Did they provide you with wiring diagram and also explain to you that it is a modified unit being sold as SPF500US (but the sticker and the document do not show that)?
No they did not state sold as is and they did not state it was modified. They do state on a video that they order the correct inverters unlike other companies.

No they did not state sold as is and they did not state it was modified. They do state on a video that they order the correct inverters unlike other companies.
Important to note: These are not modified in house - they are OEM with different PCB boards completely. 100% maintain warranties and any expected services. These are not sold 'as-is'.

Back