diy solar

diy solar

Growatt stops the PV when sunny and when load is connected

Found a different page.... now it looks like it does in the app.. but no history data to download.

Do I have to do anything with this setting? (

1664648070958.png

Found it !

Here is one of the events shutting down at far from max PV power...

1664650353195.png

Sorry... i looked at the time in the wrong direction :) Last log is 1220 in the above case. Similar in the other cases so I guess the problem is that I have installed to many panels. This is really really bad by Growatt not to be able to control the max current fast enough. This should not be an issue at all in modern power electroncs.

I guess the problem is that when the sun appears the potential energy increases fast and the growatt MPPT Control is much slower than this.

I also notice that the Vbat goes up just before disconnection the PV so it might be another reason?
I have not recieved any warnings or errors isnt that strangi if this was an overload ?

but my open circuit voltage is ~80V and growatt manage 105

But I wonder what happens when the sun starts to come ... the current increases at some unknown rate. When it reaches max the Growatt turns off and all the excess energy in cables will go to the DC bus cap. This might increse the voltage above the open circuit voltage for a short while.

But again Im expecting the growatt to have a over voltage protection for this scenareo?

and once again no error or warnings from the growatt...

Anyway I will turn of one sting before for the moment just in case.

Found it !

Here is one of the events shutting down at far from max PV power...

View attachment 114420
What is the third column, battery voltage/dc bus? Noted the log is where the more recent event is at the top. If the third column is battery voltage/dc bus, it drops to 14.7V, then up to 43.7V. This is a result of the controller attempting to supply the dc bus voltage when the voltage drops and switches the algorithm looking for max peak power point.

This could be the result of a load switching on drawing down battery/dc bus voltage. I would be checking wiring and connections first, using the various loads you have on the inverter and monitor battery and dc bus voltage. It could be internal to the unit such as a loose connection.

The third column is the current from the PV

Is it possible to increase the interval between samples? We dont really know what happens after the last sample...the indication is of course that the power and current goes up but...

The third column is the current from the PV

Is it possible to increase the interval between samples? We dont really know what happens after the last sample...the indication is of course that the power and current goes up but...
"This could be the result of a load switching on drawing down battery/dc bus voltage. I would be checking wiring and connections first, using the various loads you have on the inverter and monitor battery and dc bus voltage. It could be internal to the unit such as a loose connection."

Today its the first 100% sunny day I disconnected two panels to be on the safe side, so 6 pices of 400W panels are active => 2400 peak power installed.

The peak so far (and I think im beond peak time) is 1.2kW, hence 50% of the installed power as I excpected.

So I wonder if it is safe or not to add the last two panels => 1.6kW.

No disconnect today

I have now had all panels connected for a week witthout any disconnect max 1.2kW 1.3kW and I guess that the Growatt limits the power since it "peaks" 11:00 and 14:00 for example (a sunny day)

Now it happened again... Don know exactly when But the PV has been 0W the whole day.
Measured and the input voltage (as well as the input voltage reported on the display on the growatt) was 77V but 0 current.

Restarted the unit and it starts working again. No errors no warnings as usual so no idea why it behaves as it does.
The installed power is now 1.6kW and it has been cloudy all week.
On the same BMS a Victron battery charger is installed so that has worked all the time so there is no BMS problem involved.
The battery has been faaaar from fully charged so its just seams lika a bug...

Back