diy solar

diy solar

Growatt to Victron OS Communication

MichaelRayHam

Here’s some information on my communications configuration: My battery is managed by a Batrium of which is monitoring 8 separate batteries via the Batrium system. The Batrium is communication with my Victron Cerbo GX and is throttling and controlling my charge controllers (Victron) and it is working perfectly, no issues. I am able to see the Growatt inverter output using Energy Meters which are connected to the Cerbo GX, no issues. I am also able to see my AC input into the Growatt inverters should the situation call for grid input. I am again using Energy Meters to communication this information to the Cerbo GX, no issues. The information I need to send back to my Growatt is the State of Charge of the battery. The reason I need the Growatts to see the SOC of the battery is to switch from battery to grid should I drop below a State of Charge percentage that I determine. I would also like the Cerbo GX to be able to show the status of the inverters such as On/Off position, errors, ect. I have two Growatt SPF 12000T DVM inverters running two separate AC load banks Any way this can be done?

I can't help you. You want the Batrium passing SoC to both the Cerbo and the Growatt. You want two different protocols on the same CAN network. I suspect there's no chance of it happening.

You can't just get away with SoC either. The Growatt will require SoC, voltage and current.

Would presume you could get close enough to your goal based on voltage alone. Way more simple.

Yeah, I know its a pipe dream. I would think that somebody is smart enough to do it but not me. I was thinking maybe be able to feed the information from the Cerbo GX into a MQQT format to some device, Arduino or something of the sort and then feed that into the Growatt via RS485 or CAN protocol. The Growatt will have state of charge via it's connection to the battery so it will definitely function, it just won't be as "smart" as I would like it. Thanks for the reply.

Back