diy solar

diy solar

Growatt vs sigineer

trig2

So I've been planning on getting the 12kw low frequency sigineer inverter for $3199.

..but it's come to my attention that growatt apparently uses sigineer hardware and sells effectively the same inverter for $2299.

Anyone have a good reason to pay an extra $900 for the sigineer version? I am planning on using sigineer batteries but I assume they'll communicate with the growatt as well.

They're the same, just different name brand. Neither will last forever so just go with whichever is cheaper.

The difference runs deep in the after sales service.
Some brands resell Growatt inverters at a low price to empty inventory, they are unable to offer any after sales service.
While at Sigineer Power, we offer free parts during warranty.

The difference runs deep in the after sales service.
Some brands resell Growatt inverters at a low price to empty inventory, they are unable to offer any after sales service.
While at Sigineer Power, we offer free parts during warranty.
I hate to step in and disagree with you here. But Signature Solar distributes Growatt and we offer full technical support and also offer free parts during warranty. Additionally, we distribute the most cost effective 48V Lithium battery on the market that has full closed loop communication with Growatt inverters. As I'm sure you have a preferred battery as well, the Growatt/EG4 combination will have the same specs for significantly less money.

Early to mid-October is what it's looking like. Have you already placed an order and just waiting on the unit?

And definitely no fight. Just don't want OP to think that there is no support for Growatt. I'm pretty sure Ian over at Watts 24/7 distributes Growatt and I've only heard great things about his support also.

Buying from Amazon or Alibaba probably not a great idea though...

Early to mid-October is what it's looking like. Have you already placed an order and just waiting on the unit?

And definitely no fight. Just don't want OP to think that there is no support for Growatt. I'm pretty sure Ian over at Watts 24/7 distributes Growatt and I've only heard great things about his support also.

Buying from Amazon or Alibaba probably not a great idea though...
Yeah placed it a week ago for a pair. I don't have a problem with you guys or Ian. Got my panels from you guys damage free. Although it was odd, they left the panels at my mailbox and just drove off. I didn't get to inspect but all was well. I was on my way out the door when I got a text, oh well no harm no foul.

Yeah placed it a week ago for a pair. I don't have a problem with you guys or Ian. Got my panels from you guys damage free. Although it was odd, they left the panels at my mailbox and just drove off. I didn't get to inspect but all was well. I was on my way out the door when I got a text, oh well no harm no foul.
If you have already placed the order, to my knowledge, you should be receiving the units within the next couple weeks.

I hate to step in and disagree with you here. But Signature Solar distributes Growatt and we offer full technical support and also offer free parts during warranty. Additionally, we distribute the most cost effective 48V Lithium battery on the market that has full closed loop communication with Growatt inverters. As I'm sure you have a preferred battery as well, the Growatt/EG4 combination will have the same specs for significantly less money.

It's nice that you offer more support than some other resellers of Growatt products.

But.. there is a big difference between a reseller (you) offering support for a product you don't manufacture and the actual manufacturer having that as a policy if you deal directly through them. If I were to purchase a Growatt from Amazon, Signature Solar, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.. I demand Growatt offer me the same level of warranty service directly through them regardless of where I bought it.

The story is different with your EG4 products, which you are the "manufacturer" for. I expect you to support those products directly.

As Growatt's primary distributor in North America, we honor the warranty on their behalf. This allows you to have US based support and claims ability. We support Growatt in nearly the same manner we support EG4. There is a 2 year warranty on all Hybrid inverters and 5 year on all Grid-Tied inverters that Growatt distributes through Signature Solar.

As Growatt's primary distributor in North America, we honor the warranty on their behalf. This allows you to have US based support and claims ability. We support Growatt in nearly the same manner we support EG4. There is a 2 year warranty on all Hybrid inverters and 5 year on all Grid-Tied inverters that Growatt distributes through Signature Solar.

I was afraid you were going to come back and say you were a distributor. I despise the distributor model for warranty validity. I expect the same level of support from a manufacturer of a product regardless of any such agreements they might have with third party companies. They made it, they honor it. If they want to use you for repairs, that's fine. But, I expect them to deal with you, and me to deal with them. Their name is on the product, not yours.

I was afraid you were going to come back and say you were a distributor. I despise the distributor model for warranty validity. I expect the same level of support from a manufacturer of a product regardless of any such agreements they might have with third party companies. They made it, they honor it. If they want to use you for repairs, that's fine. But, I expect them to deal with you, and me to deal with them. Their name is on the product, not yours.
But why? If the result is the same and can be achieved quickly through the distributor, what makes this an issue for you? If my Toyota has an issue, I'm going back to the dealer, not calling Japan. But just because I don't understand your position doesn't make it invalid or wrong. I just want to know what makes this a sticking point for you.

But why? If the result is the same and can be achieved quickly through the distributor, what makes this an issue for you? If my Toyota has an issue, I'm going back to the dealer, not calling Japan. But just because I don't understand your position doesn't make it invalid or wrong. I just want to know what makes this a sticking point for you.

The US Auto dealership model is one of the worst examples around. Dealing with them is often terrible. It's a complete crap shoot as to what kind of service you are going to get from one to another. Many of the automakers are desperate to escape the model, as it tarnishes their brand.

I would much rather contact Toyota directly if it were an option vs an auto dealership. It would be great to have actual Toyota owned sales/service centers to go to.. with a price that is the same as the website, with no haggling or additional non Toyota parts / service being foisted on me. The policies would be the same from one center to another, wonderful !

The advent of the internet changed many things. I can just deal with the manufacturer of a purchased product directly online. How they manage their internal systems beyond that is irrelevant to me. The buck stops with them though.

The US Auto dealership model is one of the worst examples around. Dealing with them is often terrible. It's a complete crap shoot as to what kind of service you are going to get from one to another. Many of the automakers are desperate to escape the model, as it tarnishes their brand.

I would much rather contact Toyota directly if it were an option vs an auto dealership. It would be great to have actual Toyota owned sales/service centers to go to.. with a price that is the same as the website, with no haggling or additional non Toyota parts / service being foisted on me. The policies would be the same from one center to another, wonderful !

The advent of the internet changed many things. I can just deal with the manufacturer of a purchased product directly online. How they manage their internal systems beyond that is irrelevant to me. The buck stops with them though.

Understood. I respect that perspective.

Understood. I respect that perspective.

It's appreciated that you guys maintain a presence on the forums. As both a reseller/distributor and "manufacturer" of your own branded products it's nice to see you here talking to people.

I wish some of the other manufacturers were as present. That new guy from Sigineer just started posting today, but we see practically nobody from Victron, AIMS, Schneider, Sol-Ark, Midnite Solar, EPEVER, Battle Born, etc..

Running their own forums isn't the same as daring to engage on a forum that isn't under their own control. They should have social media people that are out and about posting on here and other "public" places.

There are reps from some of those companies floating around here and there. We know that with the amount of our customers that come here for help and support, that it's best to see what is being said. Sometimes we come across folks that have great ideas that we can learn from. There are also instances of misinformation that can get out of hand if we're not here to help steer some of that in the right direction. I know that makes us an easy target for people who have had bad experiences with us in the past, but the only way to learn and grow from those mistakes is to accept the criticism and move forward having made the necessary corrections.

There are reps from some of those companies floating around here and there. We know that with the amount of our customers that come here for help and support, that it's best to see what is being said. Sometimes we come across folks that have great ideas that we can learn from. There are also instances of misinformation that can get out of hand if we're not here to help steer some of that in the right direction. I know that makes us an easy target for people who have had bad experiences with us in the past, but the only way to learn and grow from those mistakes is to accept the criticism and move forward having made the necessary corrections.
What a remarkable refreshing and mature view.

Me personally I just send out hunter/killer teams any time someone criticizes me.

Back