diy solar

diy solar

growatt

You could always add a separate breaker box and use one inverter for something like high draw items and the other common household use.
I see it as an advantage over parallel inverters in that you can set the battery disconnect voltage higher too.

Good evening,
Just one simple question... Is the Growatt Hybrid inverter SPH5000 compatible with the Growatt ARK LV 7,6 kWh 48V? I ask this because even though whatever site I visit for Growatt inverters, it is clearly stated that they are compatible, but AutoSolar, my supplier states that now Growatt has changed and the SPH5000 will only take High Voltage batteries (over 300-400 V DC) ... It sounds nuts to me, but there you go, I don't want to place an order of over 8.000 US dollars (it includes 14 solar panels), just to find that batteries and inverter don't work together...
Best regards,
Spanish Flyer

It would not surprise me because the LV batteries are getting phased out. Growatt has terrible after sales support so I would go elsewhere if there is any possibility of trouble.

Thank you for your comments Sidmouthsteve,
In the end I went for a complete new setup; I agree that the LV batteries will soon fade away. In my case I have purchased a Growatt MIN 5000TL-X and a 7.6 kW ARK HV battery. Now it is a question on how to configure the system with both inverters; I agree that Growatt's client service is not great, but I didn't want to install another brand in "my collection"; I already have two Kostal Piko MP Plus 5.2 and the Growatt SPF 5000 ES.... : (

Here are datasheets on some of the latest models from SRNE/Sacolar. We'll see them popping up here and there soon if they aren't already in many places. I don't usually keep up with the availability of the rebranded HF hybrids.

View attachment 41829

I confirm, this model is also sold as EAsun or PowLand SMX II 3.6kW / 5.6kW.

Same box except for the location of the screen which is different, same options, same protocol and works with the same iPower 2.1 software.

EAsun SMX II 5.6kW.jpeg

EAsun SMX II 5.6kW - 03.jpeg

@ the_colorist

An opinion on this hybrid inverter ?

Last edited:
I have had them shipped to a US address before and I don't think it will be an issue in the future. My main concern, later on, is the warranty. Will they honor it knowing it's installed in NA (North America)? Probably but that remains to be seen.

At the moment I don't see why not. Basically you would connect L1 and L2 to the N and L inputs of the inverter. The only issue is to make sure that there isn't any ground bond between N and PE internally in the inverter. Or if there is, remove it. I don't believe there is but I have to confirm this. Outside of that, an AT on the load output should take care of everything. You would only use a single CT on the input (L) though because L1 and L2 are carrying the load as a single circuit.
How could only a single Ct be used? In the USA we have split phase. One leg could be using power while the other might not be using any power. When using 120v the circuit uses grids neutral and one leg not both legs. Both L1 and L2 have to be monitored with individual Cts that could possibly then be wired to one inverter Ct input.

Back