diy solar

diy solar

Grundfos SQ 115v with Titan?

Garage Solar

Hi, I've read most of the stickied threads on the Grundfos pumps, but have a very specific question before I have a Grundfos installed that I didn't see answered. We have a lot of power outages, and want to be able to run our submersible well pump with a Titan or equivalent solar generator. Well specs are: 100' deep, current pump at 80', static water level at about 45'. Looking at the Grundfos 10SQ-05-160 (115v, 10gpm@160' depth, 1/2hp). Specs of the pump vary online, but the highest I have seen are 1200 watts/12amps at Aquascience.com. We would pump to a standard pressure tank, either 20-40 or 30-50 psi.

Any concerns about 1) flow/pressure for this pump at that depth, and 2) the ability of the Titan or equivalent to run it? The only thing I'm concerned about right now (until people here raise more!) is the max amps, because Point Zero's video says the AC outlets have a 15-amp breaker. Grundfos, Backwoods Solar, Aquascience etc. all say no surge to worry about, along with the commenters in the above threads. But, just want to make sure before we spend all the money so I can reassure my wife that it will be well spent, and that the Grundfos will provide enough flow/pressure when the grid is on to wash her hair and water the garden like normal!

Thanks for any and all replies, advice, etc.

Hi, I've read most of the stickied threads on the Grundfos pumps, but have a very specific question before I have a Grundfos installed that I didn't see answered. We have a lot of power outages, and want to be able to run our submersible well pump with a Titan or equivalent solar generator. Well specs are: 100' deep, current pump at 80', static water level at about 45'. Looking at the Grundfos 10SQ-05-160 (115v, 10gpm@160' depth, 1/2hp). Specs of the pump vary online, but the highest I have seen are 1200 watts/12amps at Aquascience.com. We would pump to a standard pressure tank, either 20-40 or 30-50 psi.

Any concerns about 1) flow/pressure for this pump at that depth, and 2) the ability of the Titan or equivalent to run it? The only thing I'm concerned about right now (until people here raise more!) is the max amps, because Point Zero's video says the AC outlets have a 15-amp breaker. Grundfos, Backwoods Solar, Aquascience etc. all say no surge to worry about, along with the commenters in the above threads. But, just want to make sure before we spend all the money so I can reassure my wife that it will be well spent, and that the Grundfos will provide enough flow/pressure when the grid is on to wash her hair and water the garden like normal!

Thanks for any and all replies, advice, etc.
I think that is the same pump that I installed six months ago. Mine says six amps with no startup surge. So you would only need like eight hundred watts of solar panels and 1000 watt inverter to run it. Mine is 180 ft. deep and works fine

I have a SQ5 200' down, it starts at 500W and stages up to 1100W once it reaches 52PSI (my cutoff). It is pushing to a 50 Gallon Pressure tank which then feeds the house 75' away using 3/4" PEX. I also have a Sediment Filter & a Fine Filter in line from the pressure tank to house. Never notice a water pressure drop never a problem.

Back