diy solar

diy solar

GSL/Deye hybrid inverter.

you are right. they don't. my contact at GSL energy told me they don't sell it anymore. she sent me a brochure for the megarevo, their newest invertor.

Hi,

Attached is the Deye 7.6K/8K US PDF document on Page 44. The MAX Continuous AC Passthrough is 50A. My Deye 8K is Grid-Tie, I've installed a 50A breaker with 6 AGW wire (per NEC code). However, if you're installing it off Grid, the unit is capable of 16KW Peak Power for 10 seconds. It will be recommended to install a 60/63 A circuit breaker. (16,000KW/240V=66A).

Hope this helps.

BTW, did you purchased the Inverter from GSL this year, and how much did you pay for it ?
Do you have the complete manual? I have a neighbor with this unit. He says the manual the installer gave him is mostly Chinese. I am needing to look at settings, it's 20 degrees, his battery isn't charging and we hooked up a Honda 6000 watt genset but display shows no genset input. Help, please.

Do you have the complete manual? I have a neighbor with this unit. He says the manual the installer gave him is mostly Chinese. I am needing to look at settings, it's 20 degrees, his battery isn't charging and we hooked up a Honda 6000 watt genset but display shows no genset input. Help, please.
Hmm....Chinese manual from Deye, their user manual are in English. Here's a PDF copy.

Attachments

• Deye Hybrid Inverter User Manual 11-16-2021.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 15
If it is the Megarevo unit, generator input wasn't enabled until the very newest firmware
I believe it is a Deye. I took a photo of the label on the side,
GSL-H-7.6K-US. No label anywhere else. I believe he had it installed early this year. It has terminals for genset, N,L1,L2 for 240v split phase US

Hmm....Chinese manual from Deye, their user manual are in English. Here's a PDF copy.
Display looks like this but is not in color. I sent it to him, suggested he look at page 38 for genset settings. May be what he needs, and I thank you!

it's 20 degrees, his battery isn't charging and we hooked up a Honda 6000 watt genset but display shows no genset input
First thought is low temp protection for the battery shut it down. Look into that. Lithium batteries cannot be charged below 32 degrees.

First thought is low temp protection for the battery shut it down. Look into that. Lithium batteries cannot be charged below 32 degrees.
Thanks, my exact thought too. I also printed the manual for inverter, referred him to settings/generator connections so at least the genset would, or should just supply power to house. Also told him that area needed to be heated up to at least 32F to charge battery and offered to help. Last night when I was there, we were going to hook up a Little Buddy propane heater to heat up that area of his workshop but his 20lb pig tanks were frozen solid! I suggested he bring one in the house and let it sleep by the wood stove to warm up overnight.

Propane should not freeze at those temps. My furnace ran fine last winter including the -29*F night and that is propane.
They were outside, and had ice/snow all over the outside of the tanks. Picked up and shook, no movement of liquid inside. Never seen that happen either.

Hi,

Attached is the Deye 7.6K/8K US PDF document on Page 44. The MAX Continuous AC Passthrough is 50A. My Deye 8K is Grid-Tie, I've installed a 50A breaker with 6 AGW wire (per NEC code). However, if you're installing it off Grid, the unit is capable of 16KW Peak Power for 10 seconds. It will be recommended to install a 60/63 A circuit breaker. (16,000KW/240V=66A).

Hope this helps.

BTW, did you purchased the Inverter from GSL this year, and how much did you pay for it ?
i disagree, most breakers dont shut down until the ckt goes AT LEAST about 20% over the rating and YOU AND YOUR WIRING + HARDWARE ARE SAFER USING LESS THAN MORE amperage - it's usually a few $ cheaper too. ideally a 50 amp slow-blow brkr is yer best bet and safer than any higher-rated one will be, just my opinion / fyi. anyway that ckt isnt likely 2 go ballistic 8 days a week unless it gets hit by lightning regularly

i disagree, most breakers dont shut down until the ckt goes AT LEAST about 20% over the rating and YOU AND YOUR WIRING + HARDWARE ARE SAFER USING LESS THAN MORE amperage - it's usually a few $ cheaper too. ideally a 50 amp slow-blow brkr is yer best bet and safer than any higher-rated one will be, just my opinion / fyi. anyway that ckt isnt likely 2 go ballistic 8 days a week unless it gets hit by lightning regularly
I mean... your opinion seems valid on the surface, but the manufacturer of the equipment wants the unit wired for a specific reason... a 50A breaker subjected to 50A loads will trip after a few hours. Having a 66A load run through 50A of wiring will cause that fault even faster.
Now, hopefully anyone needing a constant 50A of loads wouldnt choose this inverter or the wiring schematic.
But following the manufacturers recommendations if chosen, is wise.

Back