diy solar

diy solar

GSL/DEYE/SOL-ARK??

AlanN

I have an opportunity to purchase a gsl-h-12k inverter.
Is this inverter a Deye/Sol-Ark or something else?

Are you purchasing it directly from china. As i doubt Deye is selling any and GSL (would like to see the spec sheet)

I ordered it through my local lumber yard. They mostly deal in panels and batteries for off grid refrigeration. I don't know who the the distributor/importer is.
I was considering a 12k Sol ark but this gsl seems to have the same specs for half the price.
The only pictures that I saw show something that looks like a deye.
They claimed that they had it in stock and it is supposedly on its way here, we shall see.

Any other feedback on the GSL vs Solark?

I know Deye is cutting sales of the split phase units as Sol-Ark is Sol-source for them. These GSL's seem to be floating around though. I see one vendor in Canada (like me) has the 8k coming available apparently for $4100 (Canadian). That well under half the price of the Solark if I am comparing apples. Attached is the spec sheet and manual they sent me.

I also see them on alibaba for $2400 (USD DDP or about $3100 Cad) from these guys https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...58.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.6f703e5fJ7Nf90

My worry is buying one of these is hardware support after the fact. I would guess the warranty is likely worth nothing. But at these prices I can buy 2 and still be cheaper then the Sol-Ark.

Thoughts on how they compare?

Attachments

• GSL hybrid US inverter_5.0-7.6kw.pdf
    877.5 KB · Views: 45
  • GSL HYBRID INVERTER USER MANUAL _5KW-8KW_20200306 (2).pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
the gsl inverter = a deye inverter.

if a company orders enough , they are allowed to relabel them..

Deye inverters are Sunsynk and Sol-Ark.
deye is the OEM

Any other feedback on the GSL vs Solark?

I know Deye is cutting sales of the split phase units as Sol-Ark is Sol-source for them. These GSL's seem to be floating around though. I see one vendor in Canada (like me) has the 8k coming available apparently for $4100 (Canadian). That well under half the price of the Solark if I am comparing apples. Attached is the spec sheet and manual they sent me.

I also see them on alibaba for $2400 (USD DDP or about $3100 Cad) from these guys https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...58.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.6f703e5fJ7Nf90

My worry is buying one of these is hardware support after the fact. I would guess the warranty is likely worth nothing. But at these prices I can buy 2 and still be cheaper then the Sol-Ark.

Thoughts on how they compare?
Make sure they have the approvals you need for your jurisdiction. That may not matter in your location.

the gsl inverter = a deye inverter.

if a company orders enough , they are allowed to relabel them..

Deye inverters are Sunsynk and Sol-Ark.
deye is the OEM
Thanks... So the gsl 8k (GSL-H-7.6K-US) looks like a model lost somewhere between solark 8k and 12k offering.
I am still fighting with my local hydro company for approval. So I am still likely 4 months out of ordering. Do to the availability of these off brand deyes drying up I am concerned what happens if it dies. I understand that I would likely have to go buy a new one but probably will not be able to get another deye. So then in into reconfiguring the system for the new inverter.

The easy answer is buy the solark but the price premium is just to high for me. I guess if I can get the local hydro to approve though then I don't need the zero export capabilities and can go with other options maybe...

So much to learn!

Make sure they have the approvals you need for your jurisdiction. That may not matter in your location.
Thanks... The local vendor did provide UL certs. I will review... Saying that to get our Canadian $5k solar rebates I believe it may have to be CSA approved... So I may have to forgo the rebate or find another inverter...

Back