diy solar

diy solar

HA and SA Show and Tell

Lt.Dan

Solar Wizard
Hey y'all, I'm starting to get my HomeAssistant up and running finally and have Solar Assistant successfully communicating over MQTT. Does anyone want to share what their Home Assistant dashboard layout looks like? I am not very creative and could use some inspiration!

Hi Lt Dan. I'm with you. Just got HA installed last month. I'm using pipsolar with MPP inverter. Pipsolar uses esphome and can skip the mqtt right into HA. I'm simplistic, more functional. I want to see that we're using the solar where possible, not grid tied, and if it goes too low on my battery, I built an automation to enable the bypass to turn on a Wi-FI smart switch for power into the inverter. Hope it helps. I'll add some background graphics, and maybe lovelace HACS integrations later.
1679107512661.png

1679107627950.png

I push my data to influxdb and dashboards with Grafana, but for my my PV page shows daily PV Energy total, two-day PV power graphs (so I can see at a glance if I am looking better or worse on total production), EV charging power and energy (I try to maximize self-consumption), house Power/energy, and net utility power/energy.

Not as pretty as I want it to be, but does the job for now.

Hi Lt Dan. I'm with you. Just got HA installed last month. I'm using pipsolar with MPP inverter. Pipsolar uses esphome and can skip the mqtt right into HA. I'm simplistic, more functional. I want to see that we're using the solar where possible, not grid tied, and if it goes too low on my battery, I built an automation to enable the bypass to turn on a Wi-FI smart switch for power into the inverter. Hope it helps. I'll add some background graphics, and maybe lovelace HACS integrations later.
View attachment 140091

View attachment 140092
Sounds like an interesting setup, I'd love to learn more about the automation you built for bypassing the inverters, been thinking of doing something similar.

Now that you have data flowing to home assistant , you can go for dedicated touchscreens....

Back