diy solar

diy solar

Hacking the new Growatt WiFi-F modules

Found this thread while checking if local data download was possible during/after an internet connection outage. Very happy to see this progress.

I'm keen to see this project progress to a more complete and easy to install system. I'm short on time and the skills required to implement.

That's interesting, I've also had someone over on GitHub suggest that CP2102 UART adaptors work for flashing without having to unsolder anything. It would seem that some UART interfaces probably have stronger drivers that are able to overcome whatever impedence the SIPEX chip causes. A Raspberry Pi is another good option for those who have one available - good tip.
I've received a CP2102 UART adaptor for testing and confirmed that it will flash the ESP without any modification to the board. This is a far better option than removing the SIPEX chip. They can be bought for a few dollars - I'll be keeping mine handy!

Thank for this. I want to target mqtt instead of direct to influx. Before I set off to forking and contributing that work; has anyone done something like that already?

Thank for this. I want to target mqtt instead of direct to influx. Before I set off to forking and contributing that work; has anyone done something like that already?
That was next on my to-do list for this project, I'll be looking to add it soon.

I've updated GitHub with a new version that includes MQTT support. I've only done some basic testing, let me know if you find any issues.

I've added some extra functionality that provides an option to use MQTT to remotely switch the inverter's AC output in and out of standby mode. This is a function not available through the inverter's interface and can save quite a lot of energy by reducing idle power consumption when the AC output isn't needed.
Battery charging still occurs while the inverter is in standby, which is nice.

All of this can be brought together in an app like MQTT Dash to provide real-time monitoring and a shortcut for the standby command.

Screenshot_MQTT Dash.png

Hi, do you think it is possible to get more information of connected batteries via the modbus?

Battery voltage and SOC are the only metrics available. You'd need to query your BMS if you wanted more detailed information.

Bonjour,

mon dongle wifi-f shine ne fonctionne pas. 3 leds allumées, pas de clignotement.
Jehink j'ai fait une erreur en essayant de mettre à jour le firmware de spf5000es.

Même si j'appuie longuement ou brièvement sur le bouton, aucun effet.
quelqu'un peut-il me dire comment mettre à jour le firmware ?
Je ne suis pas un super homme électronique, alors... processus simple s'il vous plaît.
nb : j'ai un ordinateur

Merci beaucoup

There's no special process that's specific to these modules, you can just follow the standard steps for flashing an ESP8266:
  1. Disconnect all power to the module.
  2. Short the GPIO-0 pin to ground.
  3. Apply power to the module. It will now start in serial bootloader mode.
  4. Connect your USB to UART adaptor to the GND, TX and RX pins.
  5. Upload the new firmware from your PC.

Il n'y a pas de processus spécial spécifique à ces modules, vous pouvez simplement suivre les étapes standard pour flasher un ESP8266 :
  1. Débranchez toute alimentation du module.
  2. Court-circuitez la broche GPIO-0 à la masse.
  3. Mettez le module sous tension. Il va maintenant démarrer en mode chargeur de démarrage série.
  4. Connectez votre adaptateur USB vers UART aux broches GND, TX et RX.
  5. Téléchargez le nouveau firmware depuis votre PC.
merci beaucoup.
ce pourrait vous m'envoyer le firmware officiel de growatt s'il vous plait ?
thanks a lot.

merci beaucoup.
ce pourrait vous m'envoyer le firmware officiel de growatt s'il vous plait ?
thanks a lot.

I have a similar firmware flashed to my shine-f sticks to transfer all data to an influxdb to control the whole PV and switch relays based on conditions.

Here are more details (unfortunately only in German but google translate will help you)
https://pilling-sonneberg.de/shine.html

Spectacular thread, gentlemen. But I understand nothing of your magic :unsure:

Is this about obtaining activity reports of real-time and daily/history performance of a Growatt inverter ?
If you can pardon my ignorance; need to ask your expertise if it is possible to read real-time performance of a grid-tied Growatt MIN 6000 TL-X
with a smart phone (that has the WiFi feature) without any wireless router at all, no internet service at the premises, and without any participation of the Growatt server. My inverter <----> my phone in-range via WiFi. Or; removing the antenna and connecting a laptop via its USB jack.

I was suggested to use my phone as a 'hot spot' mode but that would still be to engage the Growatt server. I think.

If this is not pertinent to the thread, please delete or/and let me know to start a proper new thread with the subject. Thank you.

Here's my esp32 configuration which should help people with registers. This also lets you set settings from esphome or home assistant.

I've left out my specific stuff at the top. I just bought some esp8266s online and desoldered the esp-s and soldered the new one inafter flashing using a flasher.

Attachments

• growatt shine-f for spf-5000-es-us esp-home.txt
    11.3 KB · Views: 65
I am still having issues even getting my dongle to communicate with the Arduino IDE. It compiles no issue says its uploading but fails.
Im using a Cisco USB Console cable with the pins broken out to an rj45 socket I ahve then jumpered to my board.

I run OSX so dont see many applications to use for a serial test to see if it is at least communicating correctly or even getting to bootloader sequence. I have both a blue led and a red led visible so i suspect my module is fried.

Get yourself one of these:

Wishiot ESP8266 Burning Fixture Development Board Micro USB Port Onboard CP2102 Chip Support ESP-01S ESP-07 ESP-07S ESP-12E ESP-12F ESP-12S Easy Programer https://a.co/d/h989hLV

No guessing for boards that aren’t soldered in.

For ones soldered in download and 3d print one of the jigs on thingyverse.

But a soldered in board on the shine boards is basically useless because the Rx/tx are taken over by the external chip so you’re removing something one way or another. Easier to just remove and replace the esp chip.

Get yourself one of these:

Wishiot ESP8266 Burning Fixture Development Board Micro USB Port Onboard CP2102 Chip Support ESP-01S ESP-07 ESP-07S ESP-12E ESP-12F ESP-12S Easy Programer https://a.co/d/h989hLV

No guessing for boards that aren’t soldered in.

For ones soldered in download and 3d print one of the jigs on thingyverse.

But a soldered in board on the shine boards is basically useless because the Rx/tx are taken over by the external chip so you’re removing something one way or another. Easier to just remove and replace the esp chip.
that did the job nicely!

Back