diy solar

diy solar

Has anybody purchased Calb cells from Luoyang Tianhuan Energy

mitiempo

I have just received a quote from them, very good prices for grade A cells. Wondering about other's experiences.

US $80 per cell for Calb CA180.
US $57 per cell for Calb CA100

Shipping is wrong because I asked for 2 quotes, one for each size and they lumped shipping together for 12 x CA100 and 8 x CA180. I want one or the other, probably 8 of the CA180 cells.
As it sits shipping is $434 US to Victoria B.C.

Here's a link to the company: https://www.lythbattery.com/

I am looking at getting 8 Calb Ca100ah cells from them on their alibaba site. The best part was Rita Sun was able to quote shipping via sea to Toronto area for $162USD door to door. I will be pulling the trigger on this very soon.

Jason

The price I have from Lythbattery is $112 US door to door for CA180. Direct from distributor with no reseller.
Excellent price I am just checking on their reputation.

Reputation is not known within the community as far as I can see. I will test mine when I get them and report back to the forum with the results.

US $80 per cell for Calb CA180.
US $57 per cell for Calb CA100

Shipping is wrong because I asked for 2 quotes, one for each size and they lumped shipping together for 12 x CA100 and 8 x CA180. I want one or the other, probably 8 of the CA180 cells.
As it sits shipping is $434 US to Victoria B.C.

Here's a link to the company: https://www.lythbattery.com/
Spot few types of CALB cells requires laser weld stub to be connected by regular user

Received my Calb CA180 cells last week. Everything looks very good. Voltage consistent, consecutive serial numbers, grade A cells. Very pleased. I will compress them before top balancing.

$80 US each - $640 for al 8 plus delivery. Total $902 US delivery included. Less expensive than fla.

Rita at Lyth Battery explained that the plastic cases cells are done at Calb and they bought the last run. If you want some they have 600 CA180 left plus other sizes.

I have tested my 8 100Ahr CALB cells. Each one tested at over 110Ahr with my Atorch capacity tester. For reference I tested 8 older 100Ahr CALB cells and they were just over 100Ahr.
The cells were consecutive serial numbers and came with a test report and busbars and hardware.
Rita shipped them DDP as well.
So I am happy with my purchase.

Newb question. Why do you compress the cells before top balancing?

From what I have read they should be compressed in normal use. May as well start during the top balance.

Do the battery terminals take a metric bolt? Do you know what size lug it will handle?

Back