diy solar

diy solar

Has anybody used the Rosie inverter yet for prime time?

realpinochet

Make Stuff In America Again!
I see it's been released for sale..as in out of beta. Just curious if anybody is using it yet? I'm curious how it would compare in real life to a xwpro. I'm not seeing it as stackable unless I'm over looking it. From recollection of the xwpro specs ..rosie doesn't surge as long as high. The idle power usage looks great. Says made in USA..but I've heard that before.

If Midnight says "made in USA", it probably is.
They've discussed buying cardboard boxes and packing foam (maybe for Classic?) out of China because it was so much cheaper, and regarding their re-branded DIY line, mentioned that duty on individual components was greater than duty on assembled products.
I think they are quite honest. Also note that they built the industry, didn't just show up and say, "Hey, I can do that too! (in China)"

I wish that was out 2 years ago when I purchased the XW pro.
Midnite is a great company.

I didn't see AC coupling on there either.

I think the surge is pretty comparable. Midnight lists 20,000 peak?! That's a lot.
The 8400 va is similar to the 8500 watts at 30 minutes.

I wish that was out 2 years ago when I purchased the XW pro.
Midnite is a great company.

I didn't see AC coupling on there either.

I think the surge is pretty comparable. Midnight lists 20,000 peak?! That's a lot.
The 8400 va is similar to the 8500 watts at 30 minutes.
That and I'm not seeing it as stackable. I need at least two of whatever I use. Curious..what do you like more than your xwpro on paper so far?

More compared to what?
The XW does have 2 AC inputs and something like a 20 year track record or reliability.

Then data sheet says 15000 VA. But still no time.

Need to know what it can do for a second or so, motor starting surge.
SMA gives a figure for 3 seconds, also a figure for 30 milliseconds (to fast-trip a breaker)

UL1741, doesn't that mean grid-interactive, backfeed, anti-islanding? But I don't see that in text.
Connection for Current transformer (not supported yet, future firmware.)

That and I'm not seeing it as stackable. I need at least two of whatever I use.

120 only or 120/240V, so stackable would be nice for double power.

More compared to what?
The XW does have 2 AC inputs and something like a 20 year track record or reliability.
"I wish that was out 2 years ago when I purchased the XW pro."

I'm asking what may have perswaded you to buy the Rosie over the xwpro had it been out at that time.

"I wish that was out 2 years ago when I purchased the XW pro."

I'm asking what may have perswaded you to buy the Rosie over the xwpro had it been out at that time.
Ah, I assume they have or are working on the AC coupling software.
The Schneider doesn't have the software to charge from AC solar when on grid, so I had to add an external controller and program it.
Edit: Schneider also refuses to admit that is a deficiency in the software and are not going to address it.

Are you positive it is actually available? They had their new SCC's listed on solar-electric.com since last year and still isn't available.

Are you positive it is actually available? They had their new SCC's listed on solar-electric.com since last year and still isn't available.
I found out about it on the NAZ forum...but anyways type in "MNROSIE7048RE" into google and it's available on a few stores.

No. I checked the email and it did include beta of the Rosie inverter as well which is why I would be surprised if they are available for sale. I still would have had to pay for them but at a good discount. They also required Android device (which I don't have) to update firmware.. said they were working on iOS app still. They were just a few years late for me since I already started switching over to Victron gear.

Doesn't the two MNS founders hang out here..can't remember their handle but maybe somebody can tag them.

@SpongeboB Sinewave

Can you comment on this thread, is Rosie being sold to the public yet? Are they stackable, AC couple ...surge time etc? Did you compare them against something like xwpro 6848 in the lab? Being so much lighter I'm curious how it stacks up in durability, reliability and surge capacity.

Last edited:
I asked AltE and they do in fact say they have 5 of the inverters in stock which I was surprised.. so go ahead and get one and let us know! ;)

I asked AltE and they do in fact say they have 5 of the inverters in stock which I was surprised.. so go ahead and get one and let us know! ;)
Sure..once the wired $3500 from you clears my bank. ;)

What they should do is lease a few to this crowd that have high end inverters like the xwpro or GS8048 and compre them. If rosie can hang with those two inverters that's awesome as it weighs almost 80lbs less than the xw for example. I'd need to see a beat down first. Maybe MN will send a few to people like 400bird.

Back