diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone been able to connect JK BMS to their PC?

brandonboosted

My second JK BMS is here today along with the 485 connectors but I am unable to find any software to use for it and the seller isn't sure either. I need to be able to remotely view and control my BMS's. Is anyone using software to log/modify their JK BMS on the pc and if so what software are you using? Thanks.

I was able to get that mpp-solar code working on a Raspberry Pi 3 to display JK BMS data using bluetooth connection. The name is misleading since it supports more than just MPP Solar stuff. You can configure it send the data to an MQTT broker which then give you ability to view it in lots of other ways including on your PC.

@rhino Any guidance you can give about how you got the bluetooth connection to work? I'm struggling with that part of the setup
Are you able to get the bluetooth device id from another app? I thought I used some other app to see all the bluetooth devices visible and could see the JK BMS which then allowed me to poll that specific device using that jkbms command line tool in the repo mentioned above.

Back