diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone purchased/tested the lifepo4 310ah from aliexpress yet ?

From a physical POV - mine are all in really good shape. A lot better then what most seem to look like throughout the forum. No buldging, dents, or scratches at all. Also - it was nice to receive them in 30 days instead of the 90+ we see sometimes too.

The 4 cells I have tested so far, all seem to settle around 3.535 volts +/- 0.005. I will keep updating as I keep testing. The tester consistantly shows 00.15-00.16 ohms while the tests are running.

I've ordered a 60a 3.3v power supply so I can run thru tests quicker. I have 8 cells, so my sigle 10A PS has been limiting. I don't feel like building my pack and then tearing it apart again.
Which PS did you order? I've been shopping for one...

Which PS did you order? I've been shopping for one...
I've been looking too, and there doesn't seem to be an adjustable over 10A. I'm afraid of over charging them with one I can't set, or wasting money on one that leaves a long way to go still with the 10A. I may just buy 2 10A and do 2 cells at a time. I don't have a capacity tester, and my total keeps going higher for this venture... I may just charge them all to 3.65 and let them rest 24 hr to make sure they are above 3.5 and call them good. This is a one time project for me.

My plan is to have the multiplus charge the battery bank to 3.3v each and then use a smaller power supply to finish them off one by one.

So while the bench psu is finishing one, I can be discharging another. Hopefully the charge and discharge time are fairly close

I've been looking too, and there doesn't seem to be an adjustable over 10A. I'm afraid of over charging them with one I can't set, or wasting money on one that leaves a long way to go still with the 10A. I may just buy 2 10A and do 2 cells at a time. I don't have a capacity tester, and my total keeps going higher for this venture... I may just charge them all to 3.65 and let them rest 24 hr to make sure they are above 3.5 and call them good. This is a one time project for me.
The problem is it takes foreverrr. by my timer... my batteries are each taking about 200AH. So they came around 30%.
Thats 1600AH.... with a 10A bench charger... 160 hours..

has anyone actually received the 310's yet?
Got mine today. One has a bit lower voltage. Still hoping for the best. Cosmetically they are in great shape best I can tell. No swelling. The wrap would indicate B cells at best. Going to start the build this weekend between other commitments. Wish me luck. :)

Got mine today. One has a bit lower voltage. Still hoping for the best. Cosmetically they are in great shape best I can tell. No swelling. The wrap would indicate B cells at best. Going to start the build this weekend between other commitments. Wish me luck. :)
It probably doesn't mean anything that one has lower voltage.
Hopefully you already know about top balancing.

It probably doesn't mean anything that one has lower voltage.
Hopefully you already know about top balancing.
Thank you for the encouragement. So many warnings about cell issues and poor quality.
Yes top balance will be done. Going to start with getting some mild compression before I run the voltage up.

I was buying. And the first capacity test passed. Now I'm testing the next cell.

How long it all takes...

My Killawatt said 3.33 kWh just before inverter shut down. Comes in close to 300 Ah with a 90% efficient inverter. Had one cell drop a bit fast at the end so I assume that limited my capacity a bit. This cell had arrived much lower on charge but all seemed to hold pretty even resting at the top for a week. My goal was to run my 1/2 hp pump 3 to 4 hours and it went just over 5 hours so I am pleased. I think it was $550 all in at the Liitokala store branded as Varicore cells. No dents, dings, scratches or bloating.

I think I would buy them again.

Back