diy solar

diy solar

Has Anyone Used The TEMCo TH0037 4" Hydraulic Knockout Punch Set?

Prince Of Darkness

This query might be misplaced, ... but,

Has anyone here, used the Temco TH0037?

Am looking for a reasonable quality product that is not thousands of bucks, and, occasionally need to punch holes for 2 1/2" EMT, so this larger set would occasionally be useful.

Did see a reference to another Asian brand on this Forum, but the warranty from Temco seemed good-ish, and have their hydraulic lug crimper, which works fine.

Thanks, 'Luke'

Looks decent but since I won't use it but a few times ever I'd go with the $60 to $100 cheap one personally.
Hi Croz,

Yea, I am a bit torn trying to get a reasonable quality punch set that can punch 2 1/2" holes, but will only use it a few times per year, and not break the bank ...

Have been using Bi-Metal Hole Saws, which can make an oily, metallic mess, and require the item being drilled to be immobile, etc.

Guess that this is not a popular item for this DIY group, Thanks, 'Luke'

This query might be misplaced, ... but,

Has anyone here, used the Temco TH0037?

Am looking for a reasonable quality product that is not thousands of bucks, and, occasionally need to punch holes for 2 1/2" EMT, so this larger set would occasionally be useful.

Did see a reference to another Asian brand on this Forum, but the warranty from Temco seemed good-ish, and have their hydraulic lug crimper, which works fine.

Thanks, 'Luke'
2 1/2” EMT would be a bit of an uncommon size. Not saying that you don't know what you’re talking about but it seemed worth mentioning. FWIW: fittings for 2” conduit would be 2 3/8” hole. Hazzard Fraught has a KO set that goes up to 2" conduit size.

If you could find a draw stud and have room for the big enough ratchet then this guy on Amazon might be just the ticket.

I have one. We used it to punch the “butt hole” connectors between my shelving unit a battery combiner box and in a couple of other locations. Worked well.

IMG_5830.jpeg
Combiner box to the right where you can see the connectors. Also a couple attaching the greenfield into the combiner box.
IMG_5827.jpeg
My electrician (former industrial guy) thought it was good quality.

Last edited:
Hi @OzSolar, @SilverbackMP, @BartHenry. Thank you, all for the replies.

OzSolar, thanks, Yes, 2.5" conduit and fittings are not too common. But, if one is wanting to run four 4/0 MTW cables in one conduit, 2" EMT, is really too small, IMO. We have used 2.5" EMT, in the past, just for this reason. And, you are quite correct, I often do NOT know what I am doing!

Thanks SilverbackMP, for the pics of that large install. Looks beautiful!

And, thanks BartHenry, for your comment, as well.

Based on the positive comments, I will get the 4" TEMCo set, and give it a whirl. Thanks again! Thanks for this great Forum, and all, who make a terrifie resourse! 'Luke'

2 1/2” EMT would be a bit of an uncommon size. Not saying that you don't know what you’re talking about but it seemed worth mentioning. FWIW: fittings for 2” conduit would be 2 3/8” hole. Hazzard Fraught has a KO set that goes up to 2" conduit size.

If you could find a draw stud and have room for the big enough ratchet then this guy on Amazon might be just the ticket.
BTW, @OzSolar, I failed to say THANK YOU, for sleuthing out these individual punches, and the 2 1/2" one as an alternative large set that I had asked about, in the Title, that has some large sizes, that I will probably never use.

So, thanks again, 'Luke'.

Back