diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone used these batteries on ebay?

s0l4rn00b

The price is just right, curious if they are as good or comparable to Battle Born?

Link - Lithium 12v 100Ah LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery BMS

From the seller -
The spec sheet says - Cycle life @ 80% DoD to remaining capacity 80% 4000Cycles
- Maximum Continuous Discharge Current 70-80A
- Peak Discharge Current 100-120A , Max charging duration for full charge is 6-8hours (for charger current at 10A).

They have the full 1200 watt hours, they have a 1 year warranty and are custom made in small batches, I have been selling the lifepo4 for a couple months and I have not any complaints, only positive feedback but no reviews.
Steve

Geez they just look a little on the sketchy side haha! Idk if I would spend that much money on that when you can get a ruixu for nearly the same price.

Geez they just look a little on the sketchy side haha! Idk if I would spend that much money on that when you can get a ruixu for nearly the same price.

Yea, I thought they looked a bit odd, though the carrying handle is a nice touch. I assume you are referring to this battery from Ruixu? This is the first I'm hearing of them. Is this something you recommend or do you think Battle Born is the way to go? I certainly don't want to cheap out on batteries if I'm just throwing money away.

Edit - Also, thank you so much for providing the community with this forum. Your channel has helped me learn so much and it's great to have a place for this community to discuss all things solar!

Yea, I thought they looked a bit odd, though the carrying handle is a nice touch. I assume you are referring to this battery from Ruixu? This is the first I'm hearing of them. Is this something you recommend or do you think Battle Born is the way to go? I certainly don't want to cheap out on batteries if I'm just throwing money away.

Edit - Also, thank you so much for providing the community with this forum. Your channel has helped me learn so much and it's great to have a place for this community to discuss all things solar!
the problem is that one 12v you cannot put in series to make it 24v, must be only in parallel, if you want 24v system you need to buy 24v which cost 1500 plus shipping...

I realize this is a fairly old thread, but thought I'd bump it to see if anyone has tried one of these batteries. They are apparently in stock (which seems rare nowadays for 100 Ah LiFePo4 batteries) - and for $450 with a 10 amp charger and free shipping, it seems like a decent deal. It doesn't appear to have a low temp charge protection on the BMS, but I could live with that as it would rarely be an issue here it TX. The post above says it can't be put in series, but the item description indicates it can. I'd be using it in a 12V system in my van for weekend camping, so that also wouldn't be an issue. Here's a link to one ebay listing (there are several different sellers that appear to be selling the same battery). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Just as an update, I bought one of these batteries directly from the seller instead of through Ebay. Price was cheaper and I didn't have to pay taxes, so I ended up saving about $50 over the Ebay price. I did a very crude capacity test and it ran a hair dryer for an hour and 22 minutes before I shut it down. The current and voltage out of the battery was measured at about 10 minute intervals and ranged between 66-72 amps and 12.6-12.0 volts for the first hour and 15 minutes. In the last 3 minutes the voltage dropped from 11.7 to 11.0 and I chickened out before relying on the BMS cutoff. Couldn't find a low voltage cutoff value listing for the battery and didn't want to push my luck. By my rough calculations it averaged about 835 watts for 1.367 hours, so at the 12.0 volt rating it provided a little over 95 amp hours. It's possible I could've squeezed out some more, but I didn't want to risk it with a brand new battery.

This might not be the battery for everyone, but it looks like it will serve my needs as a plug-n-play house battery for my van that will be used sparingly as a weekend camper. I ordered it on Monday and got it on Friday. Here's a link to the seller if anyone is interested (I have no affiliation, just providing my experience). It shows they have 3 in stock at their website price of $469
Their Ebay page shows 5 in stock at the $489 price:

Back