diy solar

diy solar

Has anyone used this BMS?

JIMMY

Solar Journeyman
You get what you pay for. When it doesn't work, who are you going to call? That's why I bought my two BMS units from Overkillsolar.com. I can get him on the phone, through email or on reddit if I have questions.

With all due respect, I am interested in the experience of someone who has used one.

FYI Overkill Solar BMS are rebranded JBD BMS which are some of the cheapest on the market.

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking Overkill (I have never dealt with them) or JBD BMS (I run a number of them and they have been good units so far) But you are truly shooting from the hip with your statement.

Jimmy

Last edited:
IcGoGo ...gogoNOT... you might want to search on them and the experiences with that vendor. Not Stellar by any means.

Also check out teh BMS poll to see more of who is using what.

IcGoGo ...gogoNOT... you might want to search on them and the experiences with that vendor. Not Stellar by any means.

Also check out teh BMS poll to see more of who is using what.

i have ordered 2 times from them without any problems...didi i get lucky?

i have ordered 2 times from them without any problems...didi i get lucky?
Ditto. I had two service issues that they resolved without issue this past year. 1. Missing piece for BMS. 2. Customs issue where US customs flagged the order and sent it back. In both cases ICGoGo addressed the issue to my satisfaction, air shipped the missing piece and refunded me the total order cost.

I have that BMS, the 200 amp with 2 amp balancing, I ordered mine through (don't laugh too hard) "Flower Dog Store" on Ali Express.

The actual board has the cast case and looks exactly like the one in the OP's first linked ad from ICGOGOGO. Flower Dog Store was pretty good to deal with and responded to e-mail overnight. There was a 2 week delay because they did not have the 200 amp version in stock, once they got it, I had it just 3 days later. Mine was "only" rated 200 amp charge or discharge. The new 350 amp rating is a short term surge rating on the same 200 amp hardware. It even lists the same part number. The "20P" at the end is the 20 parallel mosfets for the protection switch. I have written up my views on this BMS in a few different threads. So far it is working better than I was expecting.

Back