diy solar

diy solar

Has the group been hacked?

Jim Burrow

Solar Enthusiast
For the last few days, my email box has been bombarded with notifications messages from our group. when I click on them to view, I get a message that says Opps not found. I'm just wondering if our group has been hacked?

1602172374418.png

I don't get that but in the reply box missing stuff. A few days ago anytime when replying to a post and wanting to correct something while I was typing and hitting the back space button it would leave the typing screen till I tapped the screen again (working on a Tab S3). That has fixed itself but now missing item up top. See screenshot. 20201008_100149.jpg

For the last few days, my email box has been bombarded with notifications messages from our group. when I click on them to view, I get a message that says Opps not found. I'm just wondering if our group has been hacked?

View attachment 24672
You have email notification of new posts and did you see all those Chinese characters in the post titles?
Yep they were Spam posts and deleted so of course there is nothing to see when you click on them because they were deleted before you clicked on them.
Dunno why you would want to get all those annoying email notifications but you probably dont know how to turn them off in your settings.

Also you posted this in the wrong forum as it has nothing to do with Solar Discussion.

Last edited:

View attachment 24672
Well, if you hit the report link on one of them, I can spam ban them...
I can’t do anything from an image post.

I don't think is was a hack just some A hole spamming our site for unknown resins.

Well, if you hit the report link on one of them, I can spam ban them...
I can’t do anything from an image post.
They are already banned fast but the email notification of a new General Forum post went out before that happened.

They are already banned fast but the email notification of a new General Forum post went out before that happened.
Yes, they posted other spam someone reported.
That got them banned.

my point is, for rapid response from staff, HIT THE REPORT button. Making a post on it, with images of the posts do not help us.

it just fills the forum with complaints that don’t help.

best practice is hit the report link. We will quickly remove the offensive user to prevent others from getting junk.

remember. Nobody has access to any members conversation PM area. So, if the messages are spam, or offensive, just hit the report link, and ignore it.

we will block their system from making any more posts or reconnecting here.

As a suggestion when reporting mass spammers, if there is a moderator around they will notice the problem in a few minutes anyway. If the spam doesn't get cleaned up in say 15 minutes, that's when to report it.

That newest member of our forum had only been here a few minutes before I let him have it with both barrels.

Or had some of you completed all degree requirements for your university yet somehow failed to obtain the diploma, just needed excellent looking documents printed to establish your accomplishment?

(Not that I can read Chinese or anything like GhostRider can, but Google is a polyglot!)

Thought it would be something like that after I saw QUT in one of the posts, or maybe a travel scam for Chinese students trying to get back into Australia for tertiary education.

I am pretty sure that 99% of men mass debate. The forum would be nearly empty if we reported all mass debators.
I thought it was funny at the time especially considering the post but why keep bumping it up. Lol

Father, why do these words sound so nasty?
Mass debation
Can be fun
Join the holy orgy
Kama Sutra
Everyone! Hahaha

Depends on one's point of view...I say yes, allowing a registration system unfettered access to xrumer bots and the subsequent spam flood we routinely see here suggests 'hack', insofar as admins appear reluctant to correct the problem at its source.

The group I fish with has an award for the person that catches the most fish during the outing: Master Baiter. I have Emeritus status. :)

You should buy the shirt:

Attachments

• D53E3CF5-DF2C-4E54-9DFD-CA1BB4A82776.jpeg
    D53E3CF5-DF2C-4E54-9DFD-CA1BB4A82776.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7
Back