diy solar

diy solar

Have disabled forum generated email, yet they still arrive?

wattmatters

Solar Wizard
Hi, I am fairly new to the forums. It makes for interesting reading and interaction.

I noticed as I became more engaged in forum threads I was getting an email every time someone posted in a thread I had also commented in. I don't want forum emails cluttering up my inbox.

So I went to my preferences and have unchecked every Receive email box and saved my preference settings. Here's what I have saved in my settings:

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 9.15.27 am.png

Yet I still get all the same emails.

Any clues on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

I solved that issue by designating the emails as spam/junk. I just check in by signing in on occasion to see notifications or check on posts I’m watching or participating in.
You can also just check your spam/junk folder when you want to see posts in the junk file. ✌️

I solved that issue by designating the emails as spam/junk. I just check in by signing in on occasion to see notifications or check on posts I’m watching or participating in.
You can also just check your spam/junk folder when you want to see posts in the junk file. ✌️

I don't want to receive them at all. I should not have to mark them as spam - that's just another inbox I still have to check for the occasion false positive.

Surely the forum should not send me email if I have specifically asked it not to? I'll monitor it, maybe it takes some time for the change request to propagate through the system.

It does look like you unchecked all the right boxes.

Otherwise, on the menu bar, select Forums -> Watched Threads. From the "Manage watched threads" dropdown in the upper right, select either of the items in the list and that should stop notifications of updates to threads you're watching.

Still getting unwanted emails from the forum.

Any clues on how to stop them? Anyone?

Do any forum owners/admin read this section?

I turned that stuff off on day one and haven't received anything since. There are email preferences on more than one of your profile pages.

There are email preferences on more than one of your profile pages.
Thanks, but I have disabled the email on each of three profile pages:
- Account Details
- Privacy
- Preferences

Yet I still get emails. What other profile pages are there with email settings?

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 6.47.54 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-12 at 6.45.27 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-12 at 6.45.41 am.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯​

Looks like you got all of the ones I found. Did you hit the "save" button at the bottom of the pages? Maybe log out and then log back in and see if anything changes?

Did you figure it out?

I have my settings setup on this forum so that I don't receive any unwanted e-mail notifications. I don't remember how or what I did, but I didn't struggle too much.

But I recently joined another forum that uses the same forum software (Xenforo) that this forum does, and I did have a much harder time disabling e-mail notifications even though its the same software. I probably forgot to uncheck a box somewhere, its strange how they seem to have the same checkboxes/options in multiple places.

Did you figure it out?
I don't get emails, so I must have. Can only presume I followed the advice about logging out and back in after making the changes, can only guess that's required for the changes to take effect. It was May last year so I don't remember exactly.

Reactions: Dzl
Back