diy solar

diy solar

Have Nearly everything needed to install my system (shunt added)(all arrived)

DIDDLYV

Have nearly everything on hand to install the system.
On Hand:
8 LiFePO4 310 AH Cells
2 Daly 150 AMP BMS with fan 4s
2 200 AMP Switches
2 EPever 40 Amp MPPT SCC Tracer4215BN
1 Victron Multi PlusII 12 /3000
10 Ft Black 1/0 Cable *
10 Ft Red 1/0 Cable *
1 300 AMP shunt
25 Ft 6 Gauge 4 wire Cable (AC to and from Multi Plus II and AC Breakers at distribution panel and connecting to existing shore power wiring)
50 AMP 4 wire Junction Covered (connect existing AC shore power cable to Victron)
4 210 Watt HiTech Solar Panels
2 -200 Amp fuses Line to Bus Bar and Victron
2 100 AMP Busbar to Distribution Panel
1 Dual 25 Amp Breaker (panels to SCC cutoff)
2 50 Breakers (SCC to Battery Cutoff)
2 100 watt 50 Ohm Resistors ( Victron Multiplus Precharge)
2 100 watt 30 Ohm Resistors (SCC Precharge)
4 Switches Pre Charge Circuits
1 300 Amp Black Busbar
1 300 Amp Red Busbar
2 Black 6 Ft Negative Solar Cables 10 Guage
2 Red 20 Ft Positive Solar Cables 10 Guage
2 Black 20 Ft Negative Solar Cables 10 Guage
Associated Connectors Copper 1/0 and smaller
4 Sets Angle Adjustable brackets to Mount Solar Panels
4 `10 Painted Strut Channels
Associated nuts bolts washers lock washers for mounting Solar Panels to Strut Channel including Plus Nuts to bolt Strut Channel to roof aluminum C channel ribs
Dicor Self Leveling Caulk
Eterna Bond Double sided tape 1 inch
1 Inch Schedule 40 45 degree elbow (has straight section I will cut off to penetrate the roof to run wires down) 1/8 cost of conduit section.
1 Box to cover roof entry arrived today
4 PG 9 Cable Gland Joints

The work begins this week end will figure out where to mount everything and build battery compression. Have 3 or 4 months before I have to worry about heating the batteries.

* Note Victron Multi Plus Documentation asks for 2 Positive and 2 Negative 1/0 12 Volt Cables (no clue why not single 4/0)

Last edited:
Have nearly everything on hand to install the system.
On Hand:
8 LiFePO4 310 AH Cells
2 Daly 150 AMP BMS with fan 4s
2 200 AMP Switches
2 EPever 40 Amp MPPT SCC Tracer4215BN
1 Victron Multi PlusII 12 /3000
10 Ft Black 1/0 Cable *
10 Ft Red 1/0 Cable *
25 Ft 6 Gauge 4 wire Cable (AC to and from Multi Plus II and AC Breakers at distribution panel and connecting to existing shore power wiring)
50 AMP 4 wire Junction Covered (connect existing AC shore power cable to Victron)
4 210 Watt HiTech Solar Panels
2 -200 Amp fuses Line to Bus Bar and Victron
2 100 AMP Busbar to Distribution Panel
1 Dual 25 Amp Breaker (panels to SCC cutoff)
2 50 Breakers (SCC to Battery Cutoff)
2 100 watt 50 Ohm Resistors ( Victron Multiplus Precharge)
2 100 watt 30 Ohm Resistors (SCC Precharge)
4 Switches Pre Charge Circuits
1 300 Amp Black Busbar
1 300 Amp Red Busbar
2 Black 6 Ft Negative Solar Cables 10 Guage
2 Red 20 Ft Positive Solar Cables 10 Guage
2 Black 20 Ft Negative Solar Cables 10 Guage
Associated Connectors Copper 1/0 and smaller
4 `10 Painted Strut Channels
Associated nuts bolts washers lock washers for mounting Solar Panels to Strut Channel including Plus Nuts to bolt Strut Channel to roof aluminum C channel ribs
Dicor Self Leveling Caulk
Eterna Bond Double sided tape 1 inch

All that is missing is the Box and Cable Glands I will use on roof to route the SCC cables into the 5th Wheel. They will arrive in the next several days. Then the work begins.
* Note Victron Multi Plus Documentation asks for 2 Positive and 2 Negative 1/0 12 Volt Cables (no clue why not single 4/0)
It may be that routing the cable into the enclosure is to difficult with big 4/0 cable.

It may be that routing the cable into the enclosure is to difficult with big 4/0 cable.
You can't do it. The strip at the bottom where you run this is not wide enough. If you want to dremmel a wider opening, then go 4/0, I won't tell. For your system, 5' runs of 2/0 is sufficient.

That's a nice exacting parts list btw.

The 12 Volt side of the Multiplus 2 is a Big oval with protected rounded edges on the opening. The AC side has several somewhere near 1 inch plastic inserted openings. This weekends project will be dry hooking up the AC input and Out put wires to the Multi Plus. Link to instructions with picture of the bottom of unit where cabling goes
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.victronenergy.com%2Fupload%2Fdocuments%2FDatasheet-MultiPlus-II-12V-3kVA-120-50-2x-120V-EN.pdf&clen=816186&chunk=true

If I have issues with fitting the 6 guage 4 wire into the case, I may use some manner of a clamping cable connector like one uses on junction boxes to hold the large cable to the bottom of the multi plus and just run the individual wires into the the connector terminals for AC in and AC out.

Back