diy solar

diy solar

Have the new Ecoflow Delta 1300 Coming ($899 on Kickstarter until 10/19/19) can I use this with my roof mounted solar?

bcolins

I have an Ecoflow Delta 1300 coming later this year. For about another week, its on Kickstarter for $899. I went for it not really knowing if I would be able to somehow integrate it into my Class B Sprinter RV. Not necessary that it work in this capacity,....but would be nice if it could be removable from the RV for AC recharging, (2 hours) or left in the van full time with roof top solar keeping it topped up.

I have not yet purchased any Solar components,....so have a lot of flexibility. I have room for two panels on my roof. Possibly a 3rd if I remove the existing crank up TV antenna.

I notice that a few others are talking about using their Bluetti solar generators in this manner,...so thinking it is doable,....is there possibly a video out there on this type of application?

Here is the link for the Ecoflow kickstarter campaign:
EDIT- CORRECTED LINK: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ecoflow/delta-the-new-standard-of-battery-powered-generator

Last edited:
I have one coming too - I registered on the kickstarter when it was $799; even at $899 it's a steal. In theory you'd just carry it with you and then use a normal AC pigtail to power your sprinter just like shore power (recognizing max output is 1800 watts which is 15 AMPs. Any solar should work with it - iirc it has an MPPT controller in it w/ max of 400 watts but too busy to validate. Obviously you'll want to make sure you can access the solar output from your roof if you do attach to roof instead of hard wiring it into house batteries - or you can get some ground ones (like the Jackery foldable backpack ones).

I have one coming too - I registered on the kickstarter when it was $799; even at $899 it's a steal. In theory you'd just carry it with you and then use a normal AC pigtail to power your sprinter just like shore power (recognizing max output is 1800 watts which is 15 AMPs. Any solar should work with it - iirc it has an MPPT controller in it w/ max of 400 watts but too busy to validate. Obviously you'll want to make sure you can access the solar output from your roof if you do attach to roof instead of hard wiring it into house batteries - or you can get some ground ones (like the Jackery foldable backpack ones).
Glad to hear that,...but would prefer not to have my unit sitting on the ground outside the van, rather securely stowed in my rear compartment. Guessing it could be wired with a custom pigtail to the same circuit that the exterior shore power port is wired to??
Would wiring it that way have it acting as a backup to my current house battery or would it bypass the house battery completely.. (This is a factory built Gulf Stream Sprinter based RV)
Brian in San Antonio

It appears EcoFlow's DELTA does support 400 watts of solar input with 65V and 10 amp max limits. Q & A on the Kickstarter page indicates can be marginally overpaneled IF max 65V input not exceeded.
Current stretch goals include a car 12V charging cable, MC4 / XT60 solar input cable, and if 2.5 million pledge goal realized , UPS functionality.
EcoFlow confirmed DELTA capable of pass through charging , so may be able to accomplish what you would like to do .

I got in on this as well. My goal is to power my fridge, charging the Delta from both the 120v outlet in the back of my SUV and portable or roof mounted solar.

Back