diy solar

diy solar

Having Flow Waterjet access Priceless

Northernchateau

Solar Enthusiast
Although I am retired I get called in for special projects from time to time so while I was in the shop I decided to cut some stuff for my solar project.
I had access to 1/8" brass so 10 mins to draw it up and 11 mins of cut time and I have spare buss bars.
While I was at it I drew up some battery clamp plates and cut them out of 1/4" aluminum.
Now that I have them drawn I will get a piece of copper and cut some more bars as well as make myself a 2nd pr of clamp plates.
Note I am using 8 tie bars ( which will get spring loaded) as I think it balances the load on the face better.
I will take a 2" x 8" piece of wood and cut 2 grooves so the bottom of the battery will sit on it and not the tie bars.

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_162516127_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210715_162516127_HDR.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20210715_162101930.jpg
    IMG_20210715_162101930.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 32
Nice stuff. While I only have manual equipment these days, I know that having access to CNC gear really changes the way you think about design of parts.

Impressive pieces!

Water leaves such a clean border.. nice!

Nice stuff. While I only have manual equipment these days, I know that having access to CNC gear really changes the way you think about design of parts.
If you’re in USA, there are places that can do it for semi-reasonable prices. I plan on maybe sending my designs to OshCut for fabrication in stainless steel or aluminum, when the design is eventually ready. They do laser and bend as far as i know.

Am jealous.

The only thing that would make me more jealous is if you casually nickel plate them for no real reason other than "cuz I can".

If you’re in USA, there are places that can do it for semi-reasonable prices. I plan on maybe sending my designs to OshCut for fabrication in stainless steel or aluminum, when the design is eventually ready. They do laser and bend as far as i know.
I'm in Australia. We'll catch up in a decade or so, as with most things.

Back