diy solar

diy solar

Heat management using a small fridge (hot climate)

CV350

There are several posts on this forum discussing the idea of placing LiFePO4 batteries in a fridge to keep them cool in extreme climates, but has anyone actually done this?

Excellent research in the attached post by jmcroy however I cant find a post where anyone has implemented this solution. I am interested in how the humidity was controlled and general experience. Thanks.

Did you get anymore information on this?

I too live in a very hot area (35-50deg C) and I am considering a deep freezer with temp sensor set to switch on/off to keep it at 25deg. I must admit I did not consider much of the humidity issue. I assumed if you sealed it well (put weights on the lid and seal up cabling humidity shouldnt be an issue. My main concerns is if it is a stupid idea for some reason, what the heat generation would be of the batteries and would the deep freezer keep up?

I would be looking at 20kw with room for more in server rack style batteries and a max peak discharge of 5kw but a lot less on average. I think only about 10-18kwh used per day for our house (on grid import) as we have 7kw of solar on the roof (that would expand).

Here is a serious option. Welcome to the party @Reklusiv :)

Back