diy solar

diy solar

Height of 280A - 304A cells

hwse

Solar Enthusiast
On the new generation of EVE cells, I see that height of the cell to the top of the terminal is 207.5mm±0.5mm but this is without the laser welded studs added.
What is the actual total height of the cells with the 6m studs and with the newer Threaded Screw-in Terminal Studs?
I have a height limitation in my battery box and want to make sure they are not too tall.

I am designing some spacers for the fixture for my cells and also need to know how big the gap is between the top of the cell and the bottom of the buss bars on the threaded stud and the treaded screw-in terminal studs. I am 3-d printing spacers that will create a 2mm gap between each sell while keeping them from moving in a boat so that the vibration stress is not on the terminals. By placing them this way, the fixture is only on the edge of the top and bottom where the aluminum case is supported on three edges.

Attachments

• LFP battery.png
    LFP battery.png
    175 KB · Views: 4
Here is a better shot of what I am building.

Attachments

• LFP battery note.png
    LFP battery note.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 8
Yet another interesting and creative 3D printed packaging!

I'm surprised that no one has answered your question about the height. I don't have any of the 280Ah cells here right now, but I can measure the distance from the top of the cell body to the top of the 6mm stud on some 230Ah cells. I'm pretty sure that structure is the same on all the cells you can get the studs on, and it certainly looked the same on the 280Ah packs I built. Let me know.

Yet another interesting and creative 3D printed packaging!

I'm surprised that no one has answered your question about the height. I don't have any of the 280Ah cells here right now, but I can measure the distance from the top of the cell body to the top of the 6mm stud on some 230Ah cells. I'm pretty sure that structure is the same on all the cells you can get the studs on, and it certainly looked the same on the 280Ah packs I built. Let me know.
Thanks. Right now, I am making the corner pieces 0.15" / 4mm thick but do not know if that is enough to get under the buss bars.

Thanks. Right now, I am making the corner pieces 0.15" / 4mm thick but do not know if that is enough to get under the buss bars.
Ok, so what you really want to know is: "How high off the top of the cell is the "shoulder" in the post where the bus bar rests?" Is that correct? I can try and measure that on my 230Ah's. Stay tuned.

It's a bit over 6.5mm from the top of the cell casing to the bottom of the bus bar, but I also have a 1/4" aluminum washer between the bus bar and the shoulder of the stud post. I the washers are about 1.1mm thick, so you should have over 5mm between the casing and the bus bar if you don't use the washers. Of course, you could add the washer to add some safety distance.

My spacers are 4mm above the top of the cell so 5mm would be good.

Attachments

• buss bar elev.png
    buss bar elev.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 4
Back