diy solar

diy solar

Hello from Austin

EricT808

Hows it going everyone? Hi, I am Eric (aka ET) and I live in Austin, TX. Thought i'd introduce myself. In the early stages of my "solar journey" and look forward to learning a bunch on here.

Welcome!!! Ask a lot of questions!!! We like people that want to learn!!!

I am in Round Rock, my solar is in Elgin, but know one knows where those places are, so I always say I am in Austin. Welcome to the addiction errr, I mean hobby that is solar!

I am in Round Rock, my solar is in Elgin, but know one knows where those places are, so I always say I am in Austin. Welcome to the addiction errr, I mean hobby that is solar!
I am near the SamSung chip fab i guess the Tech Ridge area is the easiest to say.

Not a "local" but yeah..weird AF lol. I suffer from reverse culture shock after living in Japan for 10 years...
I'm a naturalized US citizen, originally from London in the UK, and I now live in Roswell NM.
Now there's a culture shock for you :LOL:

Small world moment - n00b from Austin here as well, and super close to ya - Parmer and MoPac here. Not quite an official ATX life'r, but grew up in Leander from the age of 4...

-Nick

Nice!! Love Elgin and RR. I’ve done a 100kW conceptual PV design for an equine therapy ranch off Albert Voelker out there... which led to an 8kW grid-tie system I designed and installed on my North Austin home. Won a couple mil to add a 400kW system for a university in Arlington ;) in 2010. One more and I can sit for my cert... Next one hopefully off-grid!

Back