diy solar

diy solar

Hello from Central Coast NSW Australia :)

blipohm

Hello everybody. Been looking at building a small system for ages and just about to import lifepo4 batteries. Very exciting!

Good one. Hope it all goes smoothly for you, don’t be scared to ask questions.

Good one. Hope it all goes smoothly for you, don’t be scared to ask questions.
Hi toms, thanks. Just trying to decide on whom to buy from on Alibaba. Was happy to buy from Docan Tech and then reading through the comments certain people almost shout only buy from one source...

The good thing about this forum is you get to learn from other people’s experiences.

I buy my cells from an Australian source, more expensive but zero trust issues - i’m 100% confident i get what i pay for.

Currently there are a couple of different sources being strongly recommended on this forum (confusingly both have reps called Amy).

That would be the low risk option. Or you could try a random supplier - and see how you go.

If you meant Doncan Tech, as per the thread from ghostwriter - i haven’t seen any negatives there.

The good thing about this forum is you get to learn from other people’s experiences.

I buy my cells from an Australian source, more expensive but zero trust issues - i’m 100% confident i get what i pay for.

Currently there are a couple of different sources being strongly recommended on this forum (confusingly both have reps called Amy).

That would be the low risk option. Or you could try a random supplier - and see how you go.
Thanks toms. could you post a link to your aussie source? cheers

hi all,

first post, I'm also from Australia and will follow this with interest.

I'll add my details in a new post.

Cheers,
Jase

Hello everybody. Been looking at building a small system for ages and just about to import lifepo4 batteries. Very exciting!
Hi Bilpohm

I’m just up the road from you at Port Stephens and have recently built a 280ah battery and have another four cells and BMS on the way. Hope all goes well for you in your build.

Last edited:
Hi Bilpohm

I’m just up the road from you at Port Stephens and have recently built a 280ah battery and have another four cells and BMS on the way. Hope all goes well for you in your build.
G'day, lovely part of the world that... Port Stephens. Who did you buy from if you don't mind me asking?

G'day, lovely part of the world that... Port Stephens. Who did you buy from if you don't mind me asking?
Bought from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan. Paid a bit more but these are supposedly their top cells as opposed to the commodity cells. As so bought my BMS which was the same price as the Daly website but only $12 extra shipping.

Last edited:
Bought from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan. Paid a bit more but these are supposedly their top cells as opposed to the commodity cells. As so bought my BMS which was the same price as the Daly website but only $12 extra shipping.
Good to know!

And its Hello from me Kel in the Midwest W.Au. (the locked in) I will follow along here for a bit if thats ok.
I have a 5kw SMA and 21 Rec panels for ten years now and running sweet, just come off the big feed in tariff so Im sad or angry it depends!
Looking to upgrade later with a new 3 phase 5-6kw inverter and 10 +or- kwh battery, but what to choose and from where?

Back