diy solar

diy solar

Hello from Europe.

Cecil the dog

Hello, we are new here. My account is in my dogs name but he cannot type (yet) so I will be typing for the both of us. We are trying out this forum because we were on another similar forum where we suffered from moderator bullying. It was terrible, they acted horribly and when I told them to leave me alone and I asked for an administrator to intervene they erased my posts and taunted me. After a half dozen of my posts were deleted (all the same, just telling them to stop harassing me and asking for an admin to help me - and I did nothing violating any personal conduct rules) I started taking screenshots of my posts before they were deleted. The timestamps on my posts proved I was being bullied and that they were deleting my requests asking for administrator intervention for several hours, but then they locked my thread so I could no longer post to it and they continued to post on my own thread and explained that I was idiot and they were not bullying me. It was all a big game to them. :( It is unfortunate because 2 of the admins there are really wonderful people and their motivation is clearly to help people, but some of their mods' motivation appears to be to make themselves feel superior to other people and to gain pleasure from bullying. I spent a long time trying to dismantle my own ego years ago so I do not need to belittle people to feel superior.

Anyway my motivation is I am here to learn, and hopefully I can find ways to help out as well. Balance is a wonderful thing, and I like to give back at least as much as I take if possible. Solar power is very important, the world is in trouble and changing quickly. More people becoming energy independent and getting away from fossil fuels and the greedy energy and utility corporations is beneficial for all the lifeforms on our planet. I no longer wish to be a part of what is causing these apocalyptic-like events so I am trying to learn now.

We recently moved to Europe and as soon as we buy a house here I would like to start taking steps toward eventually going off the grid completely, although that may take some time considering the extreme high cost of lithium batteries at present. But hopefully with some out of the box thinking I can find some solutions to get started.

Anyway I am hoping things will be better on this forum. I try to be optimistic even when the world does everything it can to make me think otherwise. It is difficult sometimes but I keep trying anyway. I believe it is our choices in life that define us, and not where we end up at the end. Have a nice week!

Ps - my dog is awesome. Really! :) Here he is on Halloween, he is closing in on 100,000 miles riding motorcycles and ebikes. We are also hoping to upgrade to an electric motorcycle sometime in the near future too.

coyotes4.jpg

Welcome! Sorry to hear you had a bad experience on other forums. I don't think you will have the same issues here.

Well we (I) might pick on your choice of a trellis frame motorbike, but I am sure everything will be ok :p

Welcome. Thanks for sharing the story. A lot would have kept that to themselves.

Welcome to the forums!

The rules are explained pretty well, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. The two big no-nos are being a vendor to promote something (outside of the forums set up for that purpose) and talking negatively about people or things (e.g., politics, religion).

If you have a similar experience here, please click the Report button and don't try to deal with it yourself (I know that can be hard, but typically moderators delete the offending post and responses). Ideally, the content is a discussion on technology and techniques, not about people or politics.

Back