diy solar

diy solar

Hello From Ky

Blk_Cloud

Glad I became part of this forum. There is a lot of info to read and learn about, for now I just have a small 12v system which I will likely upgrade to 24 volts this spring when I ground mount my panels.
Currently 8x 100ah sealed lead acid batteries in parallel, one day I may even break down and get lipo batts.
12v 3500w pure sine wave inverter (china) 1.20a idle draw with nothing turned on
60a mppt controller (china)
4x Windy Nation 100w panels
3x GTXS 200w panels
All wire from panels to inside house are 10ga pv wire roughly a 50 foot run through pvc under ground.

It's main use is to power my pellet stove 24/7 during the winter, and my fridge, deep freeze and a few led stand up lights if the power stays out for awhile, freezing fog and ice here can sometimes make electric unreliable.
I am curious about the Float charge on the controller, it is currently set to 13.4v the equalizing charge is also at 13.4 my specs on battery show control voltage Float use 13.6-13.8 so would that mean I need to bump the controller up to that setting?
All my panels are on my 10x20 building facing south but at the wrong angle and also getting them cleaned off in the winter is a chore in its own, hence the homemade ground mount this spring. However they produce good power throughout the day as I have no trees here to block the sun. Best I remember in full sun the controller showed 25-30 amps coming into batteries after I run lights and fans also to put a drain on it. I appreciate everyone reading and commenting as I would love to learn a little bit at a time and make this a nice system overall

Last edited:
Back